How do you know...

  • Ian
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 28, 2006
      Hey guys and girls,

      I was wondering, how do you know what version of the Beta you've got
      and if you've got the latest version?
    • Sasafrass
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 28, 2006
        When you log into your mail, right click on the blank space above the
        buttons & choose "view source". When that opens, scroll to the bottom &
        you'll see it there.

        IM me! Sasafrass452 (Yahoo)

        Ian wrote:

        > Hey guys and girls,
        >
        > I was wondering, how do you know what version of the Beta you've got
        > and if you've got the latest version?

      • dedarium
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 28, 2006
          Thanks!
          dedarium@... , vladimir.todorovic@...

          When you log into your mail, right click on the blank space above the
          buttons & choose "view source". When that opens, scroll to the bottom &
          you'll see it there.

          ------------ --------- --------- ---
          http://darkangelfan s.proboards43. com
          http://www.geocitie s.com/sasafrass4 52/darkangel. html
          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/sassyscorn er
          IM me! Sasafrass452 (Yahoo)

          Ian wrote:

          > Hey guys and girls,
          >
          > I was wondering, how do you know what version of the Beta you've got
          > and if you've got the latest version?

        • Ing. Rafael E. Silva
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 28, 2006
            Today I've being updated. I couldn't get my mail for 4 hours.
            I'm on f 527.

            Regards,
            Rafael E.

          • Sasafrass
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 28, 2006
              No prob :)

              IM me! Sasafrass452 (Yahoo)

              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 28, 2006
                I'm sorry but I thought that I was on the new version, but checking now,
                I found that I'm still on 253.11 - 06/30/06
                I'm almost certain that I was moved backwards to this version. I'm sure
                I saw the 07/21/06 date a few hours ago.

                Regards,
                Rafael E.

                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 28, 2006
                  Hold the [alt] key and click the Yahoo! Mail Beta logo. You'll see a
                  nice little dialog box with all the info you need.
                • Ian
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 28, 2006
                    ...Or even eaisier, jut simply "ALT + Left Click" on the Yahoo Mail
                    Beta logo at the top left corner while you are logged in to mail.

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 29, 2006
                      Before going to bed, last night, I checked and was upgraded again.

                      Regards,
                      Rafael E.

                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 31, 2006
                        Hello All,

                        Sasfrass & SonnySavage both told me of ways to see your Y-Mail version/ build. SonnySavage's is pretty darn quick and easy. Hold the [alt] key and click the Yahoo! Mail Beta logo. You'll see a
                        nice little dialog box with all the info you need. Hope that helps the other new people like myself.

                        >;-) Ronn

                        Hold the [alt] key and click the Yahoo! Mail Beta logo. You'll see a
                        nice little dialog box with all the info you need.

                      • sasafrass452
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 31, 2006
                          I just found out this doesn't work in Linux :P It's apparently an
                          IE/window$ thing....

                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ian" <fsips@...> wrote:

                          > ...Or even eaisier, jut simply "ALT + Left Click" on the Yahoo Mail
                          > Beta logo at the top left corner while you are logged in to mail.
                        • Liz Yumrutepe
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 31, 2006
                            actually it probably doesn't work for you because you are using a mail client

                            http://www.kaplan.edu
                            " Knowledge is the key to life "

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 31, 2006
                              Erm.... I tried it in the webmail interface & it didn't work.

                              IM me! Sasafrass452 (Yahoo)

                              Liz Yumrutepe wrote:

                              > actually it probably doesn't work for you because you are using a mail
                              > client
                              >

                              > "Success is a journey, not a destination'"

                              > http://www.kaplan.edu <http://www.kaplan.edu>
                              > " Knowledge is the key to life "

                            • too_much green_tea
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jul 31, 2006
                                It could be because of the different keyboard mapping used in Linux and Windows. In the past one would have to explicitly choose to emulate windows keyboard for browser's keystroke capture to be entirely compatible. It has been a while so things may have changed.

                                -----

                                Come and visit my 360°
                                http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

                                Liz Yumrutepe wrote:

                                > actually it probably doesn't work for you because you are using a mail
                                > client
                                >

                                > "Success is a journey, not a destination' "
                                >
                                > ============ ========= ========= ========= ===
                                > http://www.kaplan. edu <http://www.kaplan. edu>
                                > " Knowledge is the key to life "
                                > ============ ========= ========= ========= ===

                              • Kaushal
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jul 31, 2006
                                  Actually it works in Firefox + Windows as well....

                                  I just found out this doesn't work in Linux :P It's apparently an
                                  IE/window$ thing....

                                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "Ian" <fsips@...> wrote:

                                  > ...Or even eaisier, jut simply "ALT + Left Click" on the Yahoo Mail
                                  > Beta logo at the top left corner while you are logged in to mail.

                                • Goutam Nath
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Aug 1, 2006
                                    This ALT+left click definitely works on Linux, I have tried it, even firefox supports it in both Windows and Linux

                                    Goutam

                                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  • Sasafrass
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Aug 1, 2006
                                      I guess it's OS specific, then? I use Linspire & it didn't work.

                                      IM me! Sasafrass452 (Yahoo)

                                      Goutam Nath wrote:

                                      > This ALT+left click definitely works on Linux, I have tried it, even
                                      > firefox supports it in both Windows and Linux
                                      >
                                      > Goutam

                                    • Goutam Nath
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Aug 1, 2006
                                        Not sure, it's the browser that's supposed to handle the scripts and codes, not the OS

                                        Which browser are you using in Linspire ?

                                        Goutam

                                        Goutam Nath wrote:

                                        > This ALT+left click definitely works on Linux, I have tried it, even
                                        > firefox supports it in both Windows and Linux
                                        >
                                        > Goutam

                                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                                      • Sasafrass
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Aug 1, 2006
                                          Firefox, of course ;)

                                          IM me! Sasafrass452 (Yahoo)

                                          Goutam Nath wrote:

                                          > Not sure, it's the browser that's supposed to handle the scripts and
                                          > codes, not the OS
                                          >
                                          > Which browser are you using in Linspire ?
                                          >
                                          > Goutam

                                        • Goutam Nath
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Aug 1, 2006
                                            You are right, I just connected to the Internet using Linux and Firefox as the browser, and the ALT+left click doesn't work, perhaps there is some problem with this build, because I had used this procedure before.

                                            Hopefully it will be fixed soon

                                            Goutam

                                            > Not sure, it's the browser that's supposed to handle the scripts and
                                            > codes, not the OS
                                            >
                                            > Which browser are you using in Linspire ?
                                            >
                                            > Goutam

                                            Yahoo! Groups Links