anyway to make beta mail remember window size

  • tim_cook_2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2006
      I use IE as my browser. Is there anyway to make yahoo mail beta
      remember the size of the window when I open a message in a new window?

      I often open messages in new windows to read them, I have to resize
      the window every time I open a new window. It would be nice if it
      would remember this setting.

      thanks,
      Tim
    • kaled872
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6, 2006
        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "tim_cook_2000" <tim_cook_2000@...>
        wrote:

        > I use IE as my browser. Is there anyway to make yahoo mail beta
        > remember the size of the window when I open a message in a new
        window?

        > I often open messages in new windows to read them, I have to resize
        > the window every time I open a new window. It would be nice if it
        > would remember this setting.
        >
        > thanks,
        > Tim

      • Liz Yumrutepe
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 7, 2006
          window sizes are a windows trait not a yahoo trait, I know if I perform my maintenance tasks and defrag windows somtimes behaves the same way, it will open a window smaller to save memory to load than you expand it, after a while when you resize it so many times it suppose to remember what you do but I dont feel thats the case any longer with windows having that as a trait

          if it bothers you that much you may want to set it back to a time which it didnt do that and see if it corrects the problem

          Liz

          http://www.kaplan.edu
          " Knowledge is the key to life "

          > I use IE as my browser. Is there anyway to make yahoo mail beta
          > remember the size of the window when I open a message in a new
          window?

          > I often open messages in new windows to read them, I have to resize
          > the window every time I open a new window. It would be nice if it
          > would remember this setting.
          >
          > thanks,
          > Tim

        • Liz Yumrutepe
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 7, 2006
            This is so comical I wish I had a live web cam! ....... not but 30 minutes after replying to Tim this happened

            I went to my schools website to work on my midterms and my page got stuck... so I clicked on the link 1-2 times first before I realized, so I closed the window.... than I closed out my remote menu and the home page platform... a few seconds later about 30-50 windows started to fly open like fireworks! LOL I couldn't stop laughing while this was happening because it was so classic of windows.... explorer even knew it was having an error because it kept tying to give me the unresponsive box to report itself, which made me laugh even harder!

            however the reason Im tell you all this is because it relates to Tims issue... windows/explorer fixed itself and now resizing its windows when launched .... the problems arised with the lated microsoft updates from yesterday, since than there has been nothing but issues!

            http://www.kaplan.edu
            " Knowledge is the key to life "

            window sizes are a windows trait not a yahoo trait, I know if I perform my maintenance tasks and defrag windows somtimes behaves the same way, it will open a window smaller to save memory to load than you expand it, after a while when you resize it so many times it suppose to remember what you do but I dont feel thats the case any longer with windows having that as a trait

            if it bothers you that much you may want to set it back to a time which it didnt do that and see if it corrects the problem

            Liz

            "Success is a journey, not a destination' "

            ============ ========= ========= ========= ===
            http://www.kaplan edu
            " Knowledge is the key to life "
            ============ ========= ========= ========= ===

            > I use IE as my browser. Is there anyway to make yahoo mail beta
            > remember the size of the window when I open a message in a new
            window?

            > I often open messages in new windows to read them, I have to resize
            > the window every time I open a new window. It would be nice if it
            > would remember this setting.
            >
            > thanks,
            > Tim

          • kaled872