Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Y! Mail Plus New Feature: New email address

  • Scarryboy
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
      Guillaume said :

      > Wow cool i'm a yahoo Plus subscriber and this include the Mail Plus
      >option. where do you set them up? I wasn't notified

      Me too :)
      As a y! plus subscriber i haven't received any mail :(

    • Scarryboy
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
        oupsssssss sorry you have to go to the options page on the old yahoo! mail and then click on "mail account" link.

        At the bottom of the screen there is a "get started" link :)

        pierre

      • Olivier C. Laurent
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
          Go to options, than Mail Addresses and it is there :)

          Olivier Laurent
          European Reporter
          Dealing With Technology, London
          E-mail: olivierclaurent@...
          Phone: +44 (0)78 86 86 78 72
          Yahoo! Messenger: olivierclaurent
          Resume and Portfolio: http://1013.free.fr/olivier/

          > Wow cool i'm a yahoo Plus subscriber and this include the Mail Plus
          >option. where do you set them up? I wasn't notified

          Me too :)
          As a y! plus subscriber i haven't received any mail :(

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Guillaume
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
            Damn! Once again they forgot Yahoo Plus subscribers.... I'm not seeing
            anything
            http://guillaumebelfiore.free.fr/screen.JPG

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Scarryboy <scarryboyfr@y...> wrote:

            > oupsssssss sorry you have to go to the options page on the old yahoo!
            mail and then click on "mail account" link.

            > At the bottom of the screen there is a "get started" link :)
            >
            > pierre

          • Scarryboy
            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
              Same problem for my sub accounts but it's ok for the main account (i was an y!mail plus subscriber for this account before migrated to y! plus)

              Damn! Once again they forgot Yahoo Plus subscribers.... I'm not seeing
              anything
              http://guillaumebelfiore.free.fr/screen.JPG

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Scarryboy <scarryboyfr@y...> wrote:

              > oupsssssss sorry you have to go to the options page on the old yahoo!
              mail and then click on "mail account" link.

              > At the bottom of the screen there is a "get started" link :)
              >
              > pierre

              Communication and networking Apply for Parts Instantly Problems Explaining
              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

            • Guillaume
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
                Can you tell us the link you got where to setup those email
                addresses? it might work for Y! Plus customers

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Scarryboy <scarryboyfr@y...> wrote:

                > Same problem for my sub accounts but it's ok for the main account
                (i was an y!mail plus subscriber for this account before migrated to
                y! plus)

                and networking Apply
                for
                Parts
                Instantly
                Problems
                Explaining

                > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                >
                > Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.
                Service.

              • Scarryboy
                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
                  >Can you tell us the link you got where to setup those email
                  >addresses? it might work for Y! Plus customers

                  https://edit.yahoo.com/config/list_alias?.src=ym&.done=http%3a//us.f318.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Identities%3fecs=c&.donemail=http%3a//us.f318.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowFolder

                • Guillaume
                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
                    So as a yahoo Plus subscrber i was able to create a new email address
                    with a dot from this link. Thanks so much for this awesome news. Now
                    i'm waiting for it to be displayed in the from menu of the beta

                    Message 9 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
                      You'd better be quick, here is what Yahoo! says about the new feature on the Old Mail homepage:
                      Get the email address you´ve always wanted ?Exclusively for Yahoo! Mail Plus customers until November 30th. No extra cost. Grab the one you want before someone else does.

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Scarryboy wrote:

                      > >Can you tell us the link you got where to setup those email
                      > >addresses? it might work for Y! Plus customers
                      >
                      > https://edit.yahoo.com/config/list_alias?.src=ym&.done=http%
                      3a//us.f318.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Identities%3fecs=c&.donemail=http%
                      3a//us.f318.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowFolder

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      Olivier Laurent
                      European Reporter
                      Dealing With Technology, London
                      E-mail: olivierclaurent@...
                      Phone: +44 (0)78 86 86 78 72
                      Yahoo! Messenger: olivierclaurent
                      Resume and Portfolio: http://1013.free.fr/olivier/

                    • Dar
                      Message 10 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
                        I didnt see anything either and I'm a subscriber. dar

                      • walt
                        Message 11 of 19 , Nov 20, 2005
                          ok i got a Question it might seem silly but i am wondering i have sbc
                          yahoo dsl and i think the new address thing is cool but don't the
                          yahoo dsl auto matically have mail plus i clicked on the link( group
                          home page) and it says i am not a mail plus subscriber my id is a sub
                          account for our main account with sbc yahoo dsl i hope this is
                          understanable in explanation ;lol

                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel" <spanzspam@t...> wrote:

                          > It must be Christmas time.
                          >
                          > Yahoo! Mail Plus customers can now get a new email address in addition
                          > to the one they already use - and this time they can use a dot (.) in
                          > the address, e.g.
                          >
                          > joe.bloggs@y...
                          >
                          > very professional.

                        • Guillaume
                          Message 12 of 19 , Nov 20, 2005
                            SBC accounts are like Yaho Plus account. They include a main ID and
                            sub ids. sub accounts have a limitedversion of mail plus so it might
                            not work right now for you. I believe it should work after Nov 30th
                            though .

                            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "walt" <bdyntrnk@s...> wrote:

                            > ok i got a Question it might seem silly but i am wondering i
                            have sbc
                            > yahoo dsl and i think the new address thing is cool but don't
                            the
                            > yahoo dsl auto matically have mail plus i clicked on the link(
                            group
                            > home page) and it says i am not a mail plus subscriber my id is a
                            sub
                            > account for our main account with sbc yahoo dsl i hope this is
                            > understanable in explanation ;lol
                            >

                            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel" <spanzspam@t...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > It must be Christmas time.
                            > >
                            > > Yahoo! Mail Plus customers can now get a new email address in
                            addition
                            > > to the one they already use - and this time they can use a dot
                            (.) in
                            > > the address, e.g.
                            > >
                            > > joe.bloggs@y...
                            > >
                            > > very professional.

                          • Kurt Norris
                            Message 13 of 19 , Nov 20, 2005
                              When wil the new yahoo ID going to be made so that free yahoo mail users can use them, or they going to be just for yahoo Plus Users.

                              SBC accounts are like Yaho Plus account. They include a main ID and
                              sub ids. sub accounts have a limitedversion of mail plus so it might
                              not work right now for you. I believe it should work after Nov 30th
                              though .

                              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "walt" <bdyntrnk@s...> wrote:

                              > ok i got a Question it might seem silly but i am wondering i
                              have sbc
                              > yahoo dsl and i think the new address thing is cool but don't
                              the
                              > yahoo dsl auto matically have mail plus i clicked on the link(
                              group
                              > home page) and it says i am not a mail plus subscriber my id is a
                              sub
                              > account for our main account with sbc yahoo dsl i hope this is
                              > understanable in explanation ;lol
                              >

                              > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel" <spanzspam@t...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > It must be Christmas time.
                              > >
                              > > Yahoo! Mail Plus customers can now get a new email address in
                              addition
                              > > to the one they already use - and this time they can use a dot
                              (.) in
                              > > the address, e.g.
                              > >
                              > > joe.bloggs@y...
                              > >
                              > > very professional.

                              Priority Parts Instantly

                            • bdyntrnk@sbcglobal.net
                              Message 14 of 19 , Nov 20, 2005
                                thank you for your quick response i will sit and wait till it comes live for the sub accounts i can't wait to see it hehehehe

                                IT"S LIVE!! Get your Own Domain for $10.00 a month