PhotoMail event

  • rmbrewer_hay
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 25 12:46 PM
      I thought this might be of some interest to the group. It appears
      that the official launch is happening tonight.

      PhotoMail Day in the Life Event

      The PhotoMail Day in the Life Event is a live, 24-hour global event
      that will transform a portion of the Yahoo! Front Page
      (http://yahoo.com) in seven markets into a global slideshow of
      Yahoo! user photos from Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Taiwan, the
      United Kingdom and the United States.

      People from the seven participating countries are invited to visit
      the Yahoo! Front Page in their local markets to submit their
      personal photos via Yahoo! Mail using PhotoMail. The U.S. portion of
      the event will run from 9:00 pm Pacific Time on Monday, July 25 to
      9:00 pm Pacific time on Tuesday, July 26 on Yahoo!'s Front Page
      at
      http://www.yahoo.com. Photos of people from around the world will be
      selected and streamed online as an all-day virtual slide show on
      Yahoo.com, the most trafficked site on the Web.
    • Guillaume
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 25 1:30 PM
        Nothing right now, will keep an eye
      • S. E. Flemming
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 25 1:44 PM
          Found the same to be true, nothing showing on the main Yahoo! page.

          For God and Country,
          Sarah Flemming
          Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/knittin_granny

          "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established." --
          Proverbs 16:3
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 25 10:47 PM
            Here's the link to this event:
            http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/scp/viewer/index.php?client_id=1173&event_id=15745

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "rmbrewer_hay" <rmbrewer_hay@y...> wrote:
            > I thought this might be of some interest to the group. It appears
            > that the official launch is happening tonight.
            >
            > PhotoMail Day in the Life Event
            >
            > The PhotoMail Day in the Life Event is a live, 24-hour global event
            > that will transform a portion of the Yahoo! Front Page
            > (http://yahoo.com) in seven markets into a global slideshow of
            > Yahoo! user photos from Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Taiwan, the
            > United Kingdom and the United States.
            >

            > People from the seven participating countries are invited to visit
            > the Yahoo! Front Page in their local markets to submit their
            > personal photos via Yahoo! Mail using PhotoMail. The U.S. portion of
            > the event will run from 9:00 pm Pacific Time on Monday, July 25 to
            > 9:00 pm Pacific time on Tuesday, July 26 on Yahoo!'s Front Page
            > at
            > http://www.yahoo.com. Photos of people from around the world will be
            > selected and streamed online as an all-day virtual slide show on
            > Yahoo.com, the most trafficked site on the Web.
          • jbeaul
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 25 11:51 PM
              The current photo gallery for the PhotoMail Day in the Life Event is at
              http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/photomail/admin/photo_gallery_1.php

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 26 9:27 AM
                Looks like they've changed that link slightly:
                http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/scp/viewer/index.php?
                client_id=1173&event_id=15756

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 26 9:53 AM
                  Question: How do you submit a photo. I can't find an address? Oh and
                  TinyURL.com is hand for this: http://tinyurl.com/872tk

                  Try it the next time you have a wrapping URL.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 26 11:39 AM
                    Go to the link provided in the prior message. Click on the "Get it
                    Today, (It's Free)" button. The next page will offer you the chance
                    to provide your name and email address. Click the "Submit" button. You
                    will then be told how to submit your photo after you install PhotoMail.

                    ps. Photomail won't work with Firefox. Requires Internet Explorer.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 26 12:34 PM
                      No such luck, already tried that, no where to do that. I use IE for Yahoo
                      anyhow.

                      I get a bulleted 1, 2, 3. And three doesn't go anywhere and I have photomail

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 26 1:50 PM
                        The "Get it Today" button is on the opposite side from the 1,2,3
                        bulleted items. You can see what I see here --> http://tinyurl.com/bj3na

                        Joe