Re: Y! Mail Plus New Feature: New email address

  • Guillaume
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
      Wow cool i'm a yahoo Plus subscriber and this include the Mail Plus
      option. where do you set them up? I wasn't notified

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Michael Bonner <michael_580@y...> wrote:

      > Good catch, Daniel.

    • Scarryboy
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
        Guillaume said :

        > Wow cool i'm a yahoo Plus subscriber and this include the Mail Plus
        >option. where do you set them up? I wasn't notified

        Me too :)
        As a y! plus subscriber i haven't received any mail :(

      • Scarryboy
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
          oupsssssss sorry you have to go to the options page on the old yahoo! mail and then click on "mail account" link.

          At the bottom of the screen there is a "get started" link :)

          pierre

        • Olivier C. Laurent
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
            Go to options, than Mail Addresses and it is there :)

            Olivier Laurent
            European Reporter
            Dealing With Technology, London
            E-mail: olivierclaurent@...
            Phone: +44 (0)78 86 86 78 72
            Yahoo! Messenger: olivierclaurent
            Resume and Portfolio: http://1013.free.fr/olivier/

            > Wow cool i'm a yahoo Plus subscriber and this include the Mail Plus
            >option. where do you set them up? I wasn't notified

            Me too :)
            As a y! plus subscriber i haven't received any mail :(

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Guillaume
            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
              Damn! Once again they forgot Yahoo Plus subscribers.... I'm not seeing
              anything
              http://guillaumebelfiore.free.fr/screen.JPG

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Scarryboy <scarryboyfr@y...> wrote:

              > oupsssssss sorry you have to go to the options page on the old yahoo!
              mail and then click on "mail account" link.

              > At the bottom of the screen there is a "get started" link :)
              >
              > pierre

            • Scarryboy
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
                Same problem for my sub accounts but it's ok for the main account (i was an y!mail plus subscriber for this account before migrated to y! plus)

                Damn! Once again they forgot Yahoo Plus subscribers.... I'm not seeing
                anything
                http://guillaumebelfiore.free.fr/screen.JPG

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Scarryboy <scarryboyfr@y...> wrote:

                > oupsssssss sorry you have to go to the options page on the old yahoo!
                mail and then click on "mail account" link.

                > At the bottom of the screen there is a "get started" link :)
                >
                > pierre

                Communication and networking Apply for Parts Instantly Problems Explaining

                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
                  Can you tell us the link you got where to setup those email
                  addresses? it might work for Y! Plus customers

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Scarryboy <scarryboyfr@y...> wrote:

                  > Same problem for my sub accounts but it's ok for the main account
                  (i was an y!mail plus subscriber for this account before migrated to
                  y! plus)

                  and networking Apply
                  for
                  Parts
                  Instantly
                  Problems
                  Explaining

                  > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                  >
                  > Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.
                  Service.

                • Scarryboy
                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
                    >Can you tell us the link you got where to setup those email
                    >addresses? it might work for Y! Plus customers

                    https://edit.yahoo.com/config/list_alias?.src=ym&.done=http%3a//us.f318.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Identities%3fecs=c&.donemail=http%3a//us.f318.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowFolder

                  • Guillaume
                    Message 9 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
                      So as a yahoo Plus subscrber i was able to create a new email address
                      with a dot from this link. Thanks so much for this awesome news. Now
                      i'm waiting for it to be displayed in the from menu of the beta

                      Message 10 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
                        You'd better be quick, here is what Yahoo! says about the new feature on the Old Mail homepage:
                        Get the email address you´ve always wanted ?Exclusively for Yahoo! Mail Plus customers until November 30th. No extra cost. Grab the one you want before someone else does.

                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Scarryboy wrote:

                        > >Can you tell us the link you got where to setup those email
                        > >addresses? it might work for Y! Plus customers
                        >
                        > https://edit.yahoo.com/config/list_alias?.src=ym&.done=http%
                        3a//us.f318.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Identities%3fecs=c&.donemail=http%
                        3a//us.f318.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowFolder

                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                        Olivier Laurent
                        European Reporter
                        Dealing With Technology, London
                        E-mail: olivierclaurent@...
                        Phone: +44 (0)78 86 86 78 72
                        Yahoo! Messenger: olivierclaurent
                        Resume and Portfolio: http://1013.free.fr/olivier/

                      • Dar
                        Message 11 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
                          I didnt see anything either and I'm a subscriber. dar

                        • walt
                          Message 12 of 19 , Nov 20, 2005
                            ok i got a Question it might seem silly but i am wondering i have sbc
                            yahoo dsl and i think the new address thing is cool but don't the
                            yahoo dsl auto matically have mail plus i clicked on the link( group
                            home page) and it says i am not a mail plus subscriber my id is a sub
                            account for our main account with sbc yahoo dsl i hope this is
                            understanable in explanation ;lol

                            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel" <spanzspam@t...> wrote:

                            > It must be Christmas time.
                            >
                            > Yahoo! Mail Plus customers can now get a new email address in addition
                            > to the one they already use - and this time they can use a dot (.) in
                            > the address, e.g.
                            >
                            > joe.bloggs@y...
                            >
                            > very professional.

                          • Guillaume
                            Message 13 of 19 , Nov 20, 2005
                              SBC accounts are like Yaho Plus account. They include a main ID and
                              sub ids. sub accounts have a limitedversion of mail plus so it might
                              not work right now for you. I believe it should work after Nov 30th
                              though .

                              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "walt" <bdyntrnk@s...> wrote:

                              > ok i got a Question it might seem silly but i am wondering i
                              have sbc
                              > yahoo dsl and i think the new address thing is cool but don't
                              the
                              > yahoo dsl auto matically have mail plus i clicked on the link(
                              group
                              > home page) and it says i am not a mail plus subscriber my id is a
                              sub
                              > account for our main account with sbc yahoo dsl i hope this is
                              > understanable in explanation ;lol
                              >

                              > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel" <spanzspam@t...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > It must be Christmas time.
                              > >
                              > > Yahoo! Mail Plus customers can now get a new email address in
                              addition
                              > > to the one they already use - and this time they can use a dot
                              (.) in
                              > > the address, e.g.
                              > >
                              > > joe.bloggs@y...
                              > >
                              > > very professional.

                            • Kurt Norris
                              Message 14 of 19 , Nov 20, 2005
                                When wil the new yahoo ID going to be made so that free yahoo mail users can use them, or they going to be just for yahoo Plus Users.

                                SBC accounts are like Yaho Plus account. They include a main ID and
                                sub ids. sub accounts have a limitedversion of mail plus so it might
                                not work right now for you. I believe it should work after Nov 30th
                                though .

                                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "walt" <bdyntrnk@s...> wrote:

                                > ok i got a Question it might seem silly but i am wondering i
                                have sbc
                                > yahoo dsl and i think the new address thing is cool but don't
                                the
                                > yahoo dsl auto matically have mail plus i clicked on the link(
                                group
                                > home page) and it says i am not a mail plus subscriber my id is a
                                sub
                                > account for our main account with sbc yahoo dsl i hope this is
                                > understanable in explanation ;lol
                                >

                                > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel" <spanzspam@t...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > It must be Christmas time.
                                > >
                                > > Yahoo! Mail Plus customers can now get a new email address in
                                addition
                                > > to the one they already use - and this time they can use a dot
                                (.) in
                                > > the address, e.g.
                                > >
                                > > joe.bloggs@y...
                                > >
                                > > very professional.

                                Priority Parts Instantly

                              • bdyntrnk@sbcglobal.net
                                Message 15 of 19 , Nov 20, 2005
                                  thank you for your quick response i will sit and wait till it comes live for the sub accounts i can't wait to see it hehehehe

                                  IT"S LIVE!! Get your Own Domain for $10.00 a month