Problems this morning?

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 21, 2006
      Is anyone having problems with signing in to yahoo this morning? I'm
      having problems signing in at all. To yahoo mail, messenger, groups,
      anything. I was finally able to sign in to groups but it won't let me
      go to mail.

      This is so frustrating. I had the same problem about a week ago.

      The error message I get is that the server reset the connection. I'm
      using Firefox and have tried IE6 with the same problems.

      Thanks,
      Brian
    • Suzi :
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 21, 2006
        I had the same problems..couldn't access my yahoo webmail
        or any of my yahoogroups.

        --
        Have a great day!

        Suzi

        Is anyone having problems with signing in to yahoo this morning? I'm
        having problems signing in at all. To yahoo mail, messenger, groups,
        anything. I was finally able to sign in to groups but it won't let me
        go to mail.

        This is so frustrating. I had the same problem about a week ago.

        The error message I get is that the server reset the connection. I'm
        using Firefox and have tried IE6 with the same problems.

        Thanks,
        Brian

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Brent Lamb
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 21, 2006
          I had the same problem for about 2 hours. Yahoo would ask for my
          password but would not load the page. I thought they might be changing
          the build or farm but all is the same when it started working again.

          Brent

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <bv802@...> wrote:

          > Is anyone having problems with signing in to yahoo this morning? I'm
          > having problems signing in at all. To yahoo mail, messenger, groups,
          > anything. I was finally able to sign in to groups but it won't let
          me
          > go to mail.
          >
          > This is so frustrating. I had the same problem about a week ago.
          >
          > The error message I get is that the server reset the connection. I'm
          > using Firefox and have tried IE6 with the same problems.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Brian

        • Vladimir Todorovic
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 21, 2006
            yes, i have. i live in belgrade,serbia.

            Vladimir Todorovic dedarium@... , vladimir.todorovic@...

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 21, 2006
              I had this problem also. However, I attributed it to the corporate
              firewall. I could get to Yahoo! but I wasn't able to get logged in to
              my account.

              It has worked well since about 10:30 Texas Time.

              David

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <bv802@...> wrote:

              > Is anyone having problems with signing in to yahoo this morning? I'm
              > having problems signing in at all. To yahoo mail, messenger, groups,
              > anything. I was finally able to sign in to groups but it won't let me
              > go to mail.
              >
              > This is so frustrating. I had the same problem about a week ago.
              >
              > The error message I get is that the server reset the connection. I'm
              > using Firefox and have tried IE6 with the same problems.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Brian

            • Sasafrass
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 21, 2006
                There was apparently a problem this morning, but it did clear up :)

                IM me! Sasafrass452 (Yahoo)

                Brian wrote:

                > Is anyone having problems with signing in to yahoo this morning? I'm
                > having problems signing in at all. To yahoo mail, messenger, groups,
                > anything. I was finally able to sign in to groups but it won't let me
                > go to mail.
                >
                > This is so frustrating. I had the same problem about a week ago.
                >
                > The error message I get is that the server reset the connection. I'm
                > using Firefox and have tried IE6 with the same problems.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Brian

              • Jay Bienvenu
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 22, 2006
                  Does anybody know what the problem is? Apparently everyone was affected by
                  this, and for quite a while at that, yet there was nothing in the news about
                  the outage.

                  Jay Bienvenu | jay@... | www.bienvenu.net
                  360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet | raichu12.com/wg.asp
                • Sasafrass
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 22, 2006
                    I don't think we'll ever know, but at least it cleared up.

                    IM me! Sasafrass452 (Yahoo)

                    Jay Bienvenu wrote:

                    > Does anybody know what the problem is? Apparently everyone was affected by
                    > this, and for quite a while at that, yet there was nothing in the news
                    > about
                    > the outage.

                  • Brent
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 22, 2006
                      Check out this CNet link.

                      http://news.com.com/Yahoo+outages+frustrate+users/2100-1032_3-6086485.html

                    • turner_727@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 22, 2006
                        I was frustrated too that Yahoo didn't post any kind of message on their main page.

                        You're gonna have server problems. That's just the nature of the business. I'm more upset that Yahoo pretended that nothing happened. Better for the customers to tell them "Hey, we have a problem, we're working on it." than to just pretend everythings copacetic.

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 22, 2006
                          I had problems Tues and Wed.
                          today, mail is so slow! I think their
                          testing is screwing up everything.
                          If I keep having problems with my yahoo mail,
                          considering switching all groups to my msn email account.

                          --
                          Have a great day!

                          Suzi

                          > Does anybody know what the problem is? Apparently everyone was affected
                          > by
                          > this, and for quite a while at that, yet there was nothing in the news
                          > about
                          > the outage.

                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                        • Mark
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 24, 2006
                            I suffered from the same glitch as most earlier in the week, and I
                            thought everything was back to normal. Now I am finding out that is
                            not the case. From yesterday afternoon, into last night and today, I
                            am getting email that is up to four days late. I have a back up email
                            (gmail) that is set up to forward messages to my Yahoo Mail. I am
                            getting multiple return messages to that account telling me the Yahoo
                            mail server is unavailable. Here is the bounce message that I get:

                            ""Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

                            mljameson@...

                            Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

                            Technical details of temporary failure:
                            TEMP_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 12): 451 mta180.mail.re4.yahoo.com
                            Resources temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
                            [#4.16.4:190].""

                            In an unrelated quirk: if I switch back to the old version of Y! Mail,
                            there are 3 unread messages in my Inbox that are not visible in the
                            new beta version. I�m confused and getting frustrated.
                          • Mark
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 24, 2006
                              I suffered from the same glitch as most earlier in the week, and I
                              thought everything was back to normal. Now I am finding out that is
                              not the case. From yesterday afternoon, into last night and today, I
                              am getting email that is up to four days late. I have a back up email
                              (gmail) that is set up to forward mail to my Yahoo Mail. I am getting
                              multiple return messages to that account telling me the Yahoo mail
                              server is unavailable. Here is an example of the bounce message that I

                              *********@...

                              Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

                              Technical details of temporary failure:
                              TEMP_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 12): 451 mta180.mail.re4.yahoo.com
                              Resources temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
                              [#4.16.4:190]."

                              In an unrelated quirk: if I switch back to the old version of Y! Mail,
                              there are 3 unread messages in my Inbox that are not visible in the
                              new beta version. I'm confused and getting frustrated.
                            • Goutam Nath
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jun 24, 2006
                                "Resources temporarily unavailable"

                                yes, I have also received this message, but only when I sent messages to @... accounts
                                and yes, the message was bounced after 4 days

                                Goutam