Re: New Build is up!!!

  • mininchico
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2005
      I agree, Chris. MSN certainly was one of the first and has lots of experience. I think, however, that it is going to take some real work to unseat Yahoo! in the web-based mail category. So far, they seem to be giving us what we want and it's still in beta. In response to the "beepbeep" thread, it may be your browser sending an error message. Check the bottom of your page for any error messages as you type a reply or a new mail.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris Price <pricecs@y...> wrote:

      > MS has a lot of experience in doing web-based mail - the Web Version of Exchange 2003 is exceptional. The MSN team is using a lot of the concepts \ functions from that work, and applying them to the enormous scale of Hotmail. The Vertical Preview is one of my favorite features of Outlook 2003, I hope to see it on Yahoo in a future release.
      >
      > I wish them luck, but since I spend more time online on Yahoo, I'm not going to be moving primary mail to my Hotmail account anytime soon.
      >
      > Chris.

    • Guillaume
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 11, 2005
        lol well right now Live Mail beta is far behind Yahoo Mail beta so...
        I would worry much. I nfact I can't think of any serious threats
        outhere....

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mininchico" <mininchico@y...> wrote:

        > I agree, Chris. MSN certainly was one of the first and has lots
        of experience. I think, however, that it is going to take some real
        work to unseat Yahoo! in the web-based mail category. So far, they
        seem to be giving us what we want and it's still in beta. In response
        to the "beepbeep" thread, it may be your browser sending an error
        message. Check the bottom of your page for any error messages as you
        type a reply or a new mail.

        > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris Price <pricecs@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > MS has a lot of experience in doing web-based mail - the Web
        Version of Exchange 2003 is exceptional. The MSN team is using a lot
        of the concepts \ functions from that work, and applying them to the
        enormous scale of Hotmail. The Vertical Preview is one of my favorite
        features of Outlook 2003, I hope to see it on Yahoo in a future release.

        > > I wish them luck, but since I spend more time online on Yahoo, I'm
        not going to be moving primary mail to my Hotmail account anytime soon.

        > > Chris.

        Service.