Re: New Build is up!!!

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2005
      yep, i think, ultimately, yahoo will probably offer more and better
      features, but i think hotmail's new design will be more functional
      within a browser setting. Here's hoping Yahoo builds a vertical
      viewing pane.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Flurries <flurries@g...> wrote:

      > I'm also in that MS Beta and the only disadvantage I've found there,
      compared to Yahoo Mail Beta, is that in Hotmail you can't hide the
      preview pane...which I would sometimes prefer.

    • Chris Price
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2005
        MS has a lot of experience in doing web-based mail - the Web Version of Exchange 2003 is exceptional. The MSN team is using a lot of the concepts \ functions from that work, and applying them to the enormous scale of Hotmail. The Vertical Preview is one of my favorite features of Outlook 2003, I hope to see it on Yahoo in a future release.

        I wish them luck, but since I spend more time online on Yahoo, I'm not going to be moving primary mail to my Hotmail account anytime soon.

        Chris.

        yep, i think, ultimately, yahoo will probably offer more and better
        features, but i think hotmail's new design will be more functional
        within a browser setting. Here's hoping Yahoo builds a vertical
        viewing pane.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Flurries <flurries@g...> wrote:

        > I'm also in that MS Beta and the only disadvantage I've found there,
        compared to Yahoo Mail Beta, is that in Hotmail you can't hide the
        preview pane...which I would sometimes prefer.
        > LF
        >
        > http://www.idriya.com | http://360.yahoo.com/lakeflurries

        Communication and networking Apply for Parts Instantly Problems Explaining
        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

      • mininchico
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 10, 2005
          I agree, Chris. MSN certainly was one of the first and has lots of experience. I think, however, that it is going to take some real work to unseat Yahoo! in the web-based mail category. So far, they seem to be giving us what we want and it's still in beta. In response to the "beepbeep" thread, it may be your browser sending an error message. Check the bottom of your page for any error messages as you type a reply or a new mail.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris Price <pricecs@y...> wrote:

          > MS has a lot of experience in doing web-based mail - the Web Version of Exchange 2003 is exceptional. The MSN team is using a lot of the concepts \ functions from that work, and applying them to the enormous scale of Hotmail. The Vertical Preview is one of my favorite features of Outlook 2003, I hope to see it on Yahoo in a future release.
          >
          > I wish them luck, but since I spend more time online on Yahoo, I'm not going to be moving primary mail to my Hotmail account anytime soon.
          >
          > Chris.

        • Guillaume
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 11, 2005
            lol well right now Live Mail beta is far behind Yahoo Mail beta so...
            I would worry much. I nfact I can't think of any serious threats
            outhere....

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mininchico" <mininchico@y...> wrote:

            > I agree, Chris. MSN certainly was one of the first and has lots
            of experience. I think, however, that it is going to take some real
            work to unseat Yahoo! in the web-based mail category. So far, they
            seem to be giving us what we want and it's still in beta. In response
            to the "beepbeep" thread, it may be your browser sending an error
            message. Check the bottom of your page for any error messages as you
            type a reply or a new mail.

            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris Price <pricecs@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > MS has a lot of experience in doing web-based mail - the Web
            Version of Exchange 2003 is exceptional. The MSN team is using a lot
            of the concepts \ functions from that work, and applying them to the
            enormous scale of Hotmail. The Vertical Preview is one of my favorite
            features of Outlook 2003, I hope to see it on Yahoo in a future release.

            > > I wish them luck, but since I spend more time online on Yahoo, I'm
            not going to be moving primary mail to my Hotmail account anytime soon.

            > > Chris.

            Service.