Re: [Y-Mail] Re: New Build is up!!!

  • Flurries
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2005

      I'm also in that MS Beta and the only disadvantage I've found there, compared to Yahoo Mail Beta, is that in Hotmail you can't hide the preview pane...which I would sometimes prefer.
      LF

      http://www.idriya.com | http://360.yahoo.com/lakeflurries

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2005
        yep, i think, ultimately, yahoo will probably offer more and better
        features, but i think hotmail's new design will be more functional
        within a browser setting. Here's hoping Yahoo builds a vertical
        viewing pane.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Flurries <flurries@g...> wrote:

        > I'm also in that MS Beta and the only disadvantage I've found there,
        compared to Yahoo Mail Beta, is that in Hotmail you can't hide the
        preview pane...which I would sometimes prefer.
        > LF
        >
        > http://www.idriya.com | http://360.yahoo.com/lakeflurries

      • Chris Price
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 10, 2005
          MS has a lot of experience in doing web-based mail - the Web Version of Exchange 2003 is exceptional. The MSN team is using a lot of the concepts \ functions from that work, and applying them to the enormous scale of Hotmail. The Vertical Preview is one of my favorite features of Outlook 2003, I hope to see it on Yahoo in a future release.

          I wish them luck, but since I spend more time online on Yahoo, I'm not going to be moving primary mail to my Hotmail account anytime soon.

          Chris.

          yep, i think, ultimately, yahoo will probably offer more and better
          features, but i think hotmail's new design will be more functional
          within a browser setting. Here's hoping Yahoo builds a vertical
          viewing pane.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Flurries <flurries@g...> wrote:

          > I'm also in that MS Beta and the only disadvantage I've found there,
          compared to Yahoo Mail Beta, is that in Hotmail you can't hide the
          preview pane...which I would sometimes prefer.
          > LF
          >
          > http://www.idriya.com | http://360.yahoo.com/lakeflurries

          Communication and networking Apply for Parts Instantly Problems Explaining
          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

        • mininchico
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 10, 2005
            I agree, Chris. MSN certainly was one of the first and has lots of experience. I think, however, that it is going to take some real work to unseat Yahoo! in the web-based mail category. So far, they seem to be giving us what we want and it's still in beta. In response to the "beepbeep" thread, it may be your browser sending an error message. Check the bottom of your page for any error messages as you type a reply or a new mail.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris Price <pricecs@y...> wrote:

            > MS has a lot of experience in doing web-based mail - the Web Version of Exchange 2003 is exceptional. The MSN team is using a lot of the concepts \ functions from that work, and applying them to the enormous scale of Hotmail. The Vertical Preview is one of my favorite features of Outlook 2003, I hope to see it on Yahoo in a future release.
            >
            > I wish them luck, but since I spend more time online on Yahoo, I'm not going to be moving primary mail to my Hotmail account anytime soon.
            >
            > Chris.

          • Guillaume
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 11, 2005
              lol well right now Live Mail beta is far behind Yahoo Mail beta so...
              I would worry much. I nfact I can't think of any serious threats
              outhere....

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mininchico" <mininchico@y...> wrote:

              > I agree, Chris. MSN certainly was one of the first and has lots
              of experience. I think, however, that it is going to take some real
              work to unseat Yahoo! in the web-based mail category. So far, they
              seem to be giving us what we want and it's still in beta. In response
              to the "beepbeep" thread, it may be your browser sending an error
              message. Check the bottom of your page for any error messages as you
              type a reply or a new mail.

              > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris Price <pricecs@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > MS has a lot of experience in doing web-based mail - the Web
              Version of Exchange 2003 is exceptional. The MSN team is using a lot
              of the concepts \ functions from that work, and applying them to the
              enormous scale of Hotmail. The Vertical Preview is one of my favorite
              features of Outlook 2003, I hope to see it on Yahoo in a future release.

              > > I wish them luck, but since I spend more time online on Yahoo, I'm
              not going to be moving primary mail to my Hotmail account anytime soon.

              > > Chris.

              Service.