Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Yahoo's spam filter

  • Kenneth
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2006
      Perhaps I wasn't clear. By the "good option for Yahoo! to implement" I was
      referring to the ability to receive emails only from people in your contact
      list, an option which I believe Hotmail has implemented. I can't see the
      benefit of a separate list of approved senders such as Incredimail allegedly
      has.

      On 6/2/06, Jay Bienvenu <jay@...> wrote:

      > On 6/2/06, Sasafrass <sasafrass452@...> wrote:
      > > [Incredimail] ... has a seperate list for "approved senders" in addition
      >
      > the
      > > address book, which means adding every address twice.
      >
      > Kenneth <justkenneth@...> replied:
      >
      > > That would be a good option for Yahoo! to implement though I don't think
      >
      > > I would use it myself.
      >
      > What benefit comes from having an "approved sender" list that is separate
      > from
      > the Address Book? I too would find that "feature" annoying unless there
      > was an
      > automatic way to add people to the "approved sender" list. Even then, I
      > don't
      > see much benefit from it. How many times are you going to keep someone's
      > address in your address book yet want to block email from that address
      > rather
      > than accept it?

    • Jay Bienvenu
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2006
        Kenneth <justkenneth@...> wrote:
        > Perhaps I wasn't clear. By the "good option for Yahoo! to implement" I
        > was referring to the ability to receive emails only from people in
        > your contact list, an option which I believe Hotmail has implemented.

        That still wouldn't do much good. For starters, it would block the emails from
        groups such as this one. (How are you going to know my email address if you
        don't ever receive my emails? :) Do you really want to add to your address book
        an entry for every person on the mailing list?

        I think Yahoo Classic has the most viable option in putting an icon next to
        messages with recognized addresses and in allowing you to filter/view messages
        to just those from unknown contacts. And this feature needs to be in Beta.

        Jay Bienvenu | jay@... | www.bienvenu.net
        360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet | raichu12.com/wg.asp
      • Sasafrass
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2006
          In Thunderbird, one of my filters is to-->doesn't
          contain-->yahoogroups.com. This allows me to receive all Yahoo group
          emails :) I'm not sure you can do this in Yahoo's filters, though. This
          is yet another reason I use Thunderbird.... The filters are tons better
          than any other email client!

          IM me! Sasafrass452 (Yahoo)