Re: [Y-Mail] "Empty" button next to all folder names?

  • Jay Bienvenu
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
      I found this message in my Draft folder, so I suspect that I never sent it. My
      apologies if I have.

      Paul <paulktf@...> wrote:
      > I like the "Empty" link that lets me empty the trash
      > with one click. I'd like to see this option added to
      > the right of every folder name (or better yet; let
      > users pick which folders can be emptied with one click
      > like that). Thanks.

      I do not think this is a good idea.

      It adds a lot of links to the interface that one will seldom use, which is
      clutter.

      There is too much risk of accidentally clicking on one and causing problems.
      Generally it is not a big deal if you accidentally empty the Trash folder, but
      I would not want to accidentally empty a mail storage folder.

      The feature is not necessary. If you need to empty a folder, you can go into
      it, select all of the messages and delete them. I think this is a better idea
      anyway. The process slows you down and gives you more oportunity to be
      absolutely sure that you want to delete the messages.

      If you must have this feature, I would prefer to see it as an option for each
      folder, as Paul suggested. Even then, I can't think of any case where I would
      need it and it is not already implemented (Trash, Bulk).

      Jay Bienvenu | jay@... | www.bienvenu.net
      360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet | raichu12.com/wg.asp