spontaneous password failure

  • harveykarlovac
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2005
      Greetings all,

      I have used the same user name and password
      for several years. All of a sudden my password is rejected when trying
      to log into yahoo email. I've tried from different computers (home and
      work), double checked spelling, etc. etc.

      Only recent change is joining a yahoo group
      a few days ago, but email had worked OK
      since then.

      Unfortunately, I don't recall the different prompting questions or
      emails I gave when regestering years ago. This seemes to make yahoo
      online help incapable of helping - i.e. I checked FAQ's, and sent
      emails to customer support - so far to no avail. Of course, I can find
      no phone number to call.

      If I could only reach someone at yahoo, I could provide my identity
      beyond a shadow of a doubt, such as by identifying recent inbound and
      outbound emails.

      Does anyone have any kind of idea how I can get this problem solved?

      I have several years worth of received and sent emails in this account,
      and it would be very, very sad for me to lose all this. I can get a
      new account easily, of course, but what about all of that history?!

      THANK YOU!
      Harvey
    • Alberto Ridolfi
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2005
        Altought most internet portals avoid giving out phone numbers, they have to give it to the domain registrar.
        Querying on the whois database, I found Yahoo!'s phone number.

        To get the phone number, you can do the following:
        Go to http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jhtml, type "yahoo.com" on the form and click "Search". There you go.

        You might want to call them to get this issue solved.
        Hope this helps.

[...]

        Communication and networking Apply for Parts Instantly Problems
        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.
      • harvey karlovac