Re: More of the puzzle revealed...I think....

  • mininchico
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 14, 2005
      I think that only the paying email customers can do the beta. I use
      the free email accounts but I pay for all their other services. I
      actually have paid for an Incredimail accout that I may swith to
      temporarily till I get access to the new Yahoo mail just because 1.
      It's fun and 2. I like the interface better than plain Yahoo mail.
      Also, I can incorporate my Yahoo mail messages into it. That's only
      because I have SBC. Normally I would have to pay for Yahoo mail or
      use YPOPS to use them together. I pay $25.00 per month for SBCYahoo
      so essentially I pay for all Yahoo products! lol!
      I love Yahoo but I'm chomping at the bit! You may want to check
      with SBC customer service. That may be why you are having
      problems. Anyone else? ISP/Ymail problems could be resolved by
      contacting your ISP. That could be a beta conflict you could report.
      mininchico

      - In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Dar" <purevizhun@y...> wrote:

      > Im on SBC and Im in the beta testing of the email. hmmm makes
      wonder maybe that's why I'm having problems. dar

      They informed me that SBC doesn't allow any participation in beta
      testing of Yahoo products. For example, I tried the photomail link
      and it said my ISP won't work with it.

      > If anyone has SBCDSL and is using the new mail please let me
      know. Also, if anyone knows if it is actually out of beta and
      released to the public let me know, as well.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 16, 2005
        Well this is just absolutely stupid!

        I've been paying (and using) for an SBC Yahoo! DSL subscription for
        nearly 2 straight years now....I would have expected to be one of the
        first people to at least get the choice to participate in the Beta.
        Now I'll have to wait and try it until every single one of the regular
        free Yahoo! mailboxes transitions?

        Ridiculous.