Part of the puzzle revealed...I think

  • mininchico
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 13, 2005
      I was just online with a CSR from SBCYahooDSL (which I have). They informed me that SBC doesn't allow any participation in beta testing of Yahoo products. For example, I tried the photomail link and it said my ISP won't work with it.

      If anyone has SBCDSL and is using the new mail please let me know. Also, if anyone knows if it is actually out of beta and released to the public let me know, as well.

      Hope this helps,

      mininchico;)

    • Dar
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 14, 2005
        Im on SBC and Im in the beta testing of the email. hmmm makes wonder maybe that's why I'm having problems. dar

        I was just online with a CSR from SBCYahooDSL (which I have). They informed me that SBC doesn't allow any participation in beta testing of Yahoo products. For example, I tried the photomail link and it said my ISP won't work with it.

        If anyone has SBCDSL and is using the new mail please let me know. Also, if anyone knows if it is actually out of beta and released to the public let me know, as well.

        Hope this helps,

        mininchico;)

        Instantly Problems

      • mininchico
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 14, 2005
          I think that only the paying email customers can do the beta. I use
          the free email accounts but I pay for all their other services. I
          actually have paid for an Incredimail accout that I may swith to
          temporarily till I get access to the new Yahoo mail just because 1.
          It's fun and 2. I like the interface better than plain Yahoo mail.
          Also, I can incorporate my Yahoo mail messages into it. That's only
          because I have SBC. Normally I would have to pay for Yahoo mail or
          use YPOPS to use them together. I pay $25.00 per month for SBCYahoo
          so essentially I pay for all Yahoo products! lol!
          I love Yahoo but I'm chomping at the bit! You may want to check
          with SBC customer service. That may be why you are having
          problems. Anyone else? ISP/Ymail problems could be resolved by
          contacting your ISP. That could be a beta conflict you could report.
          mininchico

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 16, 2005
            Well this is just absolutely stupid!

            I've been paying (and using) for an SBC Yahoo! DSL subscription for
            nearly 2 straight years now....I would have expected to be one of the
            first people to at least get the choice to participate in the Beta.
            Now I'll have to wait and try it until every single one of the regular
            free Yahoo! mailboxes transitions?

            Ridiculous.