New Yahoo mail beta testing closed?

  • mininchico
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2005
      I just called the Yahoo Corporate offices in San Jose, CA (just
      south of where I live.) I told them I had been trying to sign up to
      beta test their new mail product and had not received an invite. I
      pay for all the Yahoo products and I figured they would send me an
      invite if that were to be their criteria.

      After talking with 5 different customer service reps and getting
      nothing but very vague answers, someone finally told me that they
      had enough beta testers and I would be informed on the yahoo main
      page of the new product roll-out "if" they deemed the new product
      acceptable to the public after the testing period.

      This leads me to believe that there is a possiblility that it may
      not pass the beta testing in the long run. They could also not give
      me any sort of time-frame for the end of the testing and the new
      roll-out. Too bad. I'm very disappointed.

      If anyone has heard anything different, please post.

      Thanks,
      mininchico
    • Matthew Welty
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2005
        There is no doubt in my mind that the product will
        pass the beta test. They simply have the size of a
        testing group they need right now for the current
        phase of development. Be patient, I'm sure you'll be
        using the new product sooner than you think.