Re: [Y-Mail] Spam

  • Rov
    Message 1 of 27 , May 2 3:03 PM
      Hey D,
      First, Thanks for talking like an adult. Now it is possible that the server you are on does not get enough traffic to be worthwhile to record. You may have been spared by lack of interest. I don't know for sure why your Yahoo! hasn't been spammed.
      I subscribe to nothing outside of yahoo! I have 5 Yahoo! email addresses, and each are subscribed to separate groups. I have managed to purge myself of all email addresses that were receiving any spam for a couple years to about 2 months ago. I only received email from a few selected friends, that's it. One friend cc'ed my address (This one) to another of his friends on hotmail to share some goofy pictures, in less than 3 hours, spam started here "2 a day". I emailed my cousin who has a msn.com account, last week, and again in 2 hours, spam increased to 7 per day. Other 4 accounts still at zero spam! I'll not pollute the others if I can help it. I did have one hacker at one place of business start sending viruses to one of my other email addresses recently, I traced the messages back to the originator, and sent several email's to the business owner threatening legal action, and this stopped immediately. (originating server identities follow email with time and ip addresses
      just like this one)
      From D Tue May 2 12:49:18 2006

      Being a software developer, there are some items I can deal with at a higher level. Spam does not magically appear in my mailbox! email addresses are harvested and sold. I don't get any spam in my hotmail account either, but those that have emailed me at my hotmail address do complain about the large amount of spam they've gotten (100+ per day), and have deleted their addresses because of it.
      Gates didn't get to be the richest man in the US because of his good looks. He is an excellent business man and he knows how to keep his fortune growing any way possible. I don't down the man for being rich, I just don't want to give him anymore, he's got to work much harder for my money now!

      I'm not pointing my finger at any other ISP... Only Microsoft! Now I'm not going to post Microsoft's privacy statement, or legal information here. That's just entirely way too much data to spam this list with. But I do ask if you would go to hotmail server and read their privacy statement, and legal statement at http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx. When there; in the section labeled "Uses of Information" click on "Additional Details", then read. You don't have to be a lawyer to interpret that Microsoft can do anything with your information that they want to. Because there is a disclaimer there that said so. Without your permission or knowledge, share your information with other affiliates. I couldn't find the description of affiliate but, An affiliate is an organization that has paid Microsoft for this information in order to bring to you information that you would be most interested in seeing, this is called targeted market advertising. They target you with ads
      that will spark an interest positive or negative doesn't matter. You know you can quote your favorite and most hated spam messages. The better you get at it, the more they got their money's worth out of it.
      Rov

      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 29, 2007
        I have spam I need out of my computer. I get e-mails from all these
        weird web sites. I have no clue how they got my e-mail and I don't
        wantit! And theit not web sites you want to see.
        Thanks

        mjneky
      • Sasafrass
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 29, 2007
          Ok, first question.... are you using the web interface, or a desktop
          client to read your mail? If you're using the web interface, try the
          spam filter. You can also mark messages as spam. If you use a desktop
          client to download your mail, try using the program's spam/message
          filters. I recommend Thunderbird, the filters are excellent! Spammers
          collect email addresses in different ways, but the biggest culpret is
          spyware. Scan your computer with both AdAware & Spybot at least once a
          week. You can download them here: http://www.lavasoftusa.com &
          http://www.safer-networking.org

          http://darkangelfans.proboards43.com
          IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)

          mjneky wrote:
          > I have spam I need out of my computer. I get e-mails from all these
          > weird web sites. I have no clue how they got my e-mail and I don't
          > wantit! And theit not web sites you want to see.
          > Thanks
          >
          > mjneky
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Don Ethridge
          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 25, 2008
            I receive an email from a company almost daily.  I click the box and select the spam button.  It keeps coming.  I though once it was declared spam you would not see it again.  How do I fix this or is it a bug in the system?

            Thanks,
            Don
          • Frankie Luo
            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 25, 2008
              Use the "locked Email Addresses" in Options, you could totally block 500 email addresses.
              Also check whether the address sent you email is in your Contacts list, if yes, delete it.

              Good luck!

              Have a nice day!

              Frankie Luo

              Message 6 of 27 , Feb 26, 2008
                I wish there was a button to choose the block email options (and chat) right next to the SPAM button, or perhaps part of the SPAM button directly on the email page interface, instead of having to go to options to do it.  Unless its here on the main page interface and I'm missing it?

                L8!

                Nancy J
                "It only takes a moment to kill what we believe"
                lyrics from "Time Falling Down"
                www.cindyalexander.com

                http://www.myspace.com/ordinaryfoolisnj

                Message 7 of 27 , Sep 9, 2008
                  Can any-one explain WHY out of 20 checked spams 20 of them are NOT
                  addressed to me. Not EVEN remotely resembling mine?
                  A baffled, bemused, Brian.
                • Sasafrass
                  Message 8 of 27 , Sep 9, 2008
                    Are there addresses in the CC field? Maybe it's there.... I've seen similar instances myself.

                    Brian wrote:
                    Can any-one explain WHY out of 20 checked spams 20 of them are NOT
                    addressed to me. Not EVEN remotely resembling mine?
                    A baffled, bemused, Brian.

                        mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

                  • bhmjones
                    Message 9 of 27 , Sep 9, 2008
                      Your address is probably cloaked with the bcc feature.

                      Brad Jones

                      Can any-one explain WHY out of 20 checked spams 20 of them are NOT
                      addressed to me. Not EVEN remotely resembling mine?
                      A baffled, bemused, Brian.

                    • Brian
                      Message 10 of 27 , Sep 9, 2008
                        Thanks for that, you two.
                        No visible CC, totally overlooked BCC, assuming it WOULD be my name
                        visible, but sounds good.
                        Cheers,
                        Brian (UK)

                        > Are there addresses in the CC field? Maybe it's there.... I've seen
                        > similar instances myself.
                        >
                        > Brian wrote:
                        > > Can any-one explain WHY out of 20 checked spams 20 of them are NOT
                        > > addressed to me. Not EVEN remotely resembling mine?
                        > > A baffled, bemused, Brian.
                      • Howard White
                        Message 11 of 27 , Aug 15, 2010
                          The spam filters don's seem to be working very well. I am getting a lot of obvious spam in my inbox. Sometimes more that in the spam folder. Even stuff I have marked spam such as proentice.
                          Howard

                        • Don Low
                          Message 12 of 27 , May 31 10:08 PM
                            For the past several days almost all of my messages are showing up in the spam folder.  If I get a dozen or so messages maybe two will be in my inbox and the rest in spam.  What's causing this and how do I fix it?

                            Don
                          • Donna Lee
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jun 1, 2013
                              If it is not spam select it and click -not spam. That is your only option right now.

                              Donna Ford Lee  ♂+♀=♡
                              Tulsa, OK

                              Sent Via My iPhone