Re: Beta Feedback

  • jbeaul
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 5, 2005
      Or you can simply go to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-Mail/files/

      Joe

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, lakeflurries <lakeflurries@y...> wrote:
      > Tinyurl doesn't work...
      >

      > jbeaul <joe@b...> wrote:
      > Thank you. I've been meaning to write this for a long time. People
      > have been asking this question for a long time. Here's my take on the
      > answer: http://tinyurl.com/drjro
      >
      > Joe
      >

      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, lakeflurries <lakeflurries@y...> wrote:
      > > Has any of you used the Feedback link here in Beta Mail, and in that
      > case; have you heard anything back from them?
      > >
      > > LF

      Service.

      > ---------------------------------
      >

      > one god...many faiths...one world to share

    • lakeflurries
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 5, 2005
        I have read your file, Joe, and I couldn't agree more. Certainly I would not want to find myself in some kind of correspondence or conversation with them. Above all, I wouldn't want them to waste their time and energy on such when that is needed to create the little features that people are asking for.
        I wrote to them because my personal address doesn't appear in the From-box. Each time I want to use it, I have to switch back to the old interface.
        First I wrote to them from the Feedback button here, and then...after some time, I used the form in the help section.
        Still, as I'm typing, I have not heard anything, and I still have to switch back to use my address. Now I also know that it works for other people who are signed up for the same service.
        This is really no big deal, but I wanted them to know since others may be affected of the same phenomena and in the long run they would want the new Yahoo Mail to work flawlessly.

        Or you can simply go to
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-Mail/files/

        Joe

      • pantherfreak90
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 6, 2005
          I have the same problem, Joe - I have written them as well, and as of
          yet, have gotten no answer.

          - Brad

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, lakeflurries <lakeflurries@y...> wrote:
          > I have read your file, Joe, and I couldn't agree more. Certainly I
          would not want to find myself in some kind of correspondence or
          conversation with them. Above all, I wouldn't want them to waste their
          time and energy on such when that is needed to create the little
          features that people are asking for.
          > I wrote to them because my personal address doesn't appear in the
          From-box. Each time I want to use it, I have to switch back to the old
          interface.
          > First I wrote to them from the Feedback button here, and
          then...after some time, I used the form in the help section.
          > Still, as I'm typing, I have not heard anything, and I still have to
          switch back to use my address. Now I also know that it works for other
          people who are signed up for the same service.
          > This is really no big deal, but I wanted them to know since others
          may be affected of the same phenomena and in the long run they would
          want the new Yahoo Mail to work flawlessly.

          > Or you can simply go to
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-Mail/files/
          >
          > Joe

        • jbeaul
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 6, 2005
            Brad I am confused by your response. Maybe you didn't read the
            message at the end of the link (at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-
            Mail/files/ )?

            Not hearing back after providing feedback isn't necessarily a 'bad'
            thing. That's my whole point here. So I am confused when you say
            you "have the same problem." There's no problem - just misguided
            expectations that out of the tens of thousands of feedback messages,
            someone should expect a response to theirs.

            Yahoo!'s history has shown that problems get fixed even in the
            absence of responses to our feedback.

            Joe

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "pantherfreak90"
            <pantherfreak90@y...> wrote:

            > I have the same problem, Joe - I have written them as well, and as
            of
            > yet, have gotten no answer.
            >
            > - Brad

          • ctroutwi
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 15, 2005
              Yep! I too have the same problem, just submitted feedback... I guess
              for now I'll have to set my reply-to address...