Re: Is there a way to change default encoding?

  • Hesham
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2006
      I'm facing a similar problem. I receive many emails with Arabic
      characters and Yahoo mail almost never chooses the right encoding,
      unless it's UTF-8. This wasn't the case with the old HTML Yahoo mail,
      where I was able to set the encoding for the browser and I can get it
      right every time. Now, every time I want to view a message with Arabic
      encoding, I have to change its encoding manually for that message
      only. Even worse, I have to do it again even if I viewed that message
      before.

      This is doable, though. I've seen that Gmail is getting better lately
      in this regard, even with a very bad start. Even the new Windows Live
      Mail is a tad better than Yahoo in this area.

      Hesham