Re: Beta Feedback

  • jbeaul
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 4, 2005
      Sorry. this should: http://tinyurl.com/d4dtj

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, lakeflurries <lakeflurries@y...>
      wrote:
      > Tinyurl doesn't work...
      >

      > jbeaul <joe@b...> wrote:
      > Thank you. I've been meaning to write this for a long time.
      People
      > have been asking this question for a long time. Here's my take on
      the
      > answer: http://tinyurl.com/drjro
      >
      > Joe
      >

      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, lakeflurries <lakeflurries@y...>
      wrote:
      > > Has any of you used the Feedback link here in Beta Mail, and in
      that
      > case; have you heard anything back from them?
      > >
      > > LF

      Service.

      > ---------------------------------
      >

      > one god...many faiths...one world to share

    • jbeaul
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 5, 2005
        Or you can simply go to
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-Mail/files/

        Joe

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, lakeflurries <lakeflurries@y...> wrote:
        > Tinyurl doesn't work...
        >

        > jbeaul <joe@b...> wrote:
        > Thank you. I've been meaning to write this for a long time. People
        > have been asking this question for a long time. Here's my take on the
        > answer: http://tinyurl.com/drjro
        >
        > Joe
        >

        > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, lakeflurries <lakeflurries@y...> wrote:
        > > Has any of you used the Feedback link here in Beta Mail, and in that
        > case; have you heard anything back from them?
        > >
        > > LF

        Service.

        > ---------------------------------
        >

        > one god...many faiths...one world to share

      • lakeflurries
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 5, 2005
          I have read your file, Joe, and I couldn't agree more. Certainly I would not want to find myself in some kind of correspondence or conversation with them. Above all, I wouldn't want them to waste their time and energy on such when that is needed to create the little features that people are asking for.
          I wrote to them because my personal address doesn't appear in the From-box. Each time I want to use it, I have to switch back to the old interface.
          First I wrote to them from the Feedback button here, and then...after some time, I used the form in the help section.
          Still, as I'm typing, I have not heard anything, and I still have to switch back to use my address. Now I also know that it works for other people who are signed up for the same service.
          This is really no big deal, but I wanted them to know since others may be affected of the same phenomena and in the long run they would want the new Yahoo Mail to work flawlessly.

          Or you can simply go to
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-Mail/files/

          Joe

        • pantherfreak90
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 6, 2005
            I have the same problem, Joe - I have written them as well, and as of
            yet, have gotten no answer.

            - Brad

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, lakeflurries <lakeflurries@y...> wrote:
            > I have read your file, Joe, and I couldn't agree more. Certainly I
            would not want to find myself in some kind of correspondence or
            conversation with them. Above all, I wouldn't want them to waste their
            time and energy on such when that is needed to create the little
            features that people are asking for.
            > I wrote to them because my personal address doesn't appear in the
            From-box. Each time I want to use it, I have to switch back to the old
            interface.
            > First I wrote to them from the Feedback button here, and
            then...after some time, I used the form in the help section.
            > Still, as I'm typing, I have not heard anything, and I still have to
            switch back to use my address. Now I also know that it works for other
            people who are signed up for the same service.
            > This is really no big deal, but I wanted them to know since others
            may be affected of the same phenomena and in the long run they would
            want the new Yahoo Mail to work flawlessly.

            > Or you can simply go to
            > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-Mail/files/
            >
            > Joe

          • jbeaul
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 6, 2005
              Brad I am confused by your response. Maybe you didn't read the
              message at the end of the link (at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-
              Mail/files/ )?

              Not hearing back after providing feedback isn't necessarily a 'bad'
              thing. That's my whole point here. So I am confused when you say
              you "have the same problem." There's no problem - just misguided
              expectations that out of the tens of thousands of feedback messages,
              someone should expect a response to theirs.

              Yahoo!'s history has shown that problems get fixed even in the
              absence of responses to our feedback.

              Joe

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "pantherfreak90"
              <pantherfreak90@y...> wrote:

              > I have the same problem, Joe - I have written them as well, and as
              of
              > yet, have gotten no answer.
              >
              > - Brad

            • ctroutwi
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 15, 2005
                Yep! I too have the same problem, just submitted feedback... I guess
                for now I'll have to set my reply-to address...