Mail Beta - Columns & IM Integration

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2006
      Just started to use the Mail Beta. Overall, like it better than the
      old one but two initial observations:

      1) There doesn't seem to be any way to configure which columns are
      displayed - I greatly miss not being able to see the size of the
      message as in the standard client.

      2) When IM detects a new message, clicking on it's interface alwyas
      brings up a new instance of the mail client, even though I have one
      open. Conversely, going to my open client and clicking on check mail
      does not get rid of the notification.

      Dave
    • James
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2006
        I agree, they should get the messenger to detect ur current mail
        window open and view the message in that, rather than reload the whole
        app.

        it will clear the new message indicator eventually, at least it does
        for me.

        I love the way the beta mail matches the color scheme of yahoo
        messenger. I even switched my messenger from the custom "maverik
        blue" them back to the classic "indigo" for a matching look with the
        mail, and as a tribute to yahoo. The beta also uses the same contacts
        buttons as the messenger.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <ga_dude@...> wrote:

        > Just started to use the Mail Beta. Overall, like it better than the
        > old one but two initial observations:
        >
        > 1) There doesn't seem to be any way to configure which columns are
        > displayed - I greatly miss not being able to see the size of the
        > message as in the standard client.
        >
        > 2) When IM detects a new message, clicking on it's interface alwyas
        > brings up a new instance of the mail client, even though I have one
        > open. Conversely, going to my open client and clicking on check mail
        > does not get rid of the notification.
        >
        > Dave

      • Narayanan Srinivasan
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2006
          I think the 2nd observation is there from the old interface too. If you refresh inbox the notification stays, if you load mail home the notification disappears.

          Dave <ga_dude@...> wrote: Just started to use the Mail Beta. Overall, like it better than the
          old one but two initial observations:

          1) There doesn't seem to be any way to configure which columns are
          displayed - I greatly miss not being able to see the size of the
          message as in the standard client.

          2) When IM detects a new message, clicking on it's interface alwyas
          brings up a new instance of the mail client, even though I have one
          open. Conversely, going to my open client and clicking on check mail
          does not get rid of the notification.

          Dave

          Expert advice Expert Advice

          Regards,
          Narayanan

        • Sasafrass
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2006
            If you use Firefox, there's a setting to open links from other apps in
            the same window ;)

            IM me! Sasafrass452 (Yahoo)