Beta Feedback

  • lakeflurries
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2005
      Has any of you used the Feedback link here in Beta Mail, and in that case; have you heard anything back from them?

      LF

    • jbeaul
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2005
        Thank you. I've been meaning to write this for a long time. People
        have been asking this question for a long time. Here's my take on the
        answer: http://tinyurl.com/drjro

        Joe

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, lakeflurries <lakeflurries@y...> wrote:
        > Has any of you used the Feedback link here in Beta Mail, and in that
        case; have you heard anything back from them?

        > LF

      • lakeflurries
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 4, 2005
          Tinyurl doesn't work...

          jbeaul <joe@...> wrote:
          Thank you. I've been meaning to write this for a long time. People
          have been asking this question for a long time. Here's my take on the
          answer: http://tinyurl.com/drjro

          Joe

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, lakeflurries <lakeflurries@y...> wrote:
          > Has any of you used the Feedback link here in Beta Mail, and in that
          case; have you heard anything back from them?

          > LF

          ---------------------------------

          one god...many faiths...one world to share

        • jbeaul
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 4, 2005
            Sorry. this should: http://tinyurl.com/d4dtj

            wrote:
            > Tinyurl doesn't work...
            >

            > jbeaul <joe@b...> wrote:
            > Thank you. I've been meaning to write this for a long time.
            People
            > have been asking this question for a long time. Here's my take on
            the
            > answer: http://tinyurl.com/drjro
            >
            > Joe
            >

            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, lakeflurries <lakeflurries@y...>
            wrote:
            > > Has any of you used the Feedback link here in Beta Mail, and in
            that
            > case; have you heard anything back from them?
            > >
            > > LF

            Service.

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 5, 2005
              Or you can simply go to
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-Mail/files/

              Joe

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, lakeflurries <lakeflurries@y...> wrote:
              > Tinyurl doesn't work...
              >

              > jbeaul <joe@b...> wrote:
              > Thank you. I've been meaning to write this for a long time. People
              > have been asking this question for a long time. Here's my take on the
              > answer: http://tinyurl.com/drjro
              >
              > Joe
              >

              > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, lakeflurries <lakeflurries@y...> wrote:
              > > Has any of you used the Feedback link here in Beta Mail, and in that
              > case; have you heard anything back from them?
              > >
              > > LF

              Service.

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 5, 2005
                I have read your file, Joe, and I couldn't agree more. Certainly I would not want to find myself in some kind of correspondence or conversation with them. Above all, I wouldn't want them to waste their time and energy on such when that is needed to create the little features that people are asking for.
                I wrote to them because my personal address doesn't appear in the From-box. Each time I want to use it, I have to switch back to the old interface.
                First I wrote to them from the Feedback button here, and then...after some time, I used the form in the help section.
                Still, as I'm typing, I have not heard anything, and I still have to switch back to use my address. Now I also know that it works for other people who are signed up for the same service.
                This is really no big deal, but I wanted them to know since others may be affected of the same phenomena and in the long run they would want the new Yahoo Mail to work flawlessly.

                Or you can simply go to
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-Mail/files/

                Joe

              • pantherfreak90
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 6, 2005
                  I have the same problem, Joe - I have written them as well, and as of
                  yet, have gotten no answer.

                  - Brad

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, lakeflurries <lakeflurries@y...> wrote:
                  > I have read your file, Joe, and I couldn't agree more. Certainly I
                  would not want to find myself in some kind of correspondence or
                  conversation with them. Above all, I wouldn't want them to waste their
                  time and energy on such when that is needed to create the little
                  features that people are asking for.
                  > I wrote to them because my personal address doesn't appear in the
                  From-box. Each time I want to use it, I have to switch back to the old
                  interface.
                  > First I wrote to them from the Feedback button here, and
                  then...after some time, I used the form in the help section.
                  > Still, as I'm typing, I have not heard anything, and I still have to
                  switch back to use my address. Now I also know that it works for other
                  people who are signed up for the same service.
                  > This is really no big deal, but I wanted them to know since others
                  may be affected of the same phenomena and in the long run they would
                  want the new Yahoo Mail to work flawlessly.

                  > Or you can simply go to
                  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-Mail/files/
                  >
                  > Joe

                • jbeaul
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 6, 2005
                    Brad I am confused by your response. Maybe you didn't read the
                    message at the end of the link (at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-
                    Mail/files/ )?

                    Not hearing back after providing feedback isn't necessarily a 'bad'
                    thing. That's my whole point here. So I am confused when you say
                    you "have the same problem." There's no problem - just misguided
                    expectations that out of the tens of thousands of feedback messages,
                    someone should expect a response to theirs.

                    Yahoo!'s history has shown that problems get fixed even in the
                    absence of responses to our feedback.

                    Joe

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "pantherfreak90"
                    <pantherfreak90@y...> wrote:

                    > I have the same problem, Joe - I have written them as well, and as
                    of
                    > yet, have gotten no answer.
                    >
                    > - Brad

                  • ctroutwi
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 15, 2005
                      Yep! I too have the same problem, just submitted feedback... I guess
                      for now I'll have to set my reply-to address...