Beta - No More Forward As Attachment?

  • _theclash_
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
      With regular Yahoo! mail, you have the option to either forward
      messages as inline text or as attachments. Also, in the mail options
      you can select which forwarding method you prefer for your default.

      I have forward as attachments selected. With Yahoo! Mail Beta,
      however, I cannot find any way to forward a message as an attachment.

      Clicking on the forward button automatically generates an inline text
        This is a crucial element in the Y! web mail
        implementation. "Forwarding as attachment" eliminates the need to go
        through the painfully redundent process of downloading and uploading
        the same attachments in order to forward them to another.

        Joe

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "_theclash_" <clashborough-
        gloucesterroad@y...> wrote:
        > With regular Yahoo! mail, you have the option to either forward
        > messages as inline text or as attachments. Also, in the mail
        options
        > you can select which forwarding method you prefer for your default.
        >
        > I have forward as attachments selected. With Yahoo! Mail Beta,
        > however, I cannot find any way to forward a message as an attachment.
        >
        > Clicking on the forward button automatically generates an inline
        text
      • evvdxx
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 31, 2005
          Sorry for my "late" response to this message, I completely agree
          about the "forwarding" problem with Beta. I've already sent 2
          feedbacks about this one. Not having the forwarding "as an
          attachment" option is a problem.

          I am the moderator for a school listserve, and it is set up to ask
          for moderator approval before messages can be posted. Under the
          YMail Beta system, I can't give the proper approval, because I can't
          forward the approved messages back to the board...Why? Because
          under Beta, I can't send a forwarded message as an attachment. Only
          having the "inline text" option is a major headache. Now, whenever
          I have to approve messages, I have to switch back to the "old"
          version of YMail before doing so. This is such a waste of valuable
          time.

          If they've already incorporated a drop box with options on
          the "Reply" button, why not do the same for the "Forward" button? I
          thought the point of this exercise was to make the system more user-
          friendly?

          Just my 2-cents worth...