Re: Nifty link directly to your inbox

  • Guillaume
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 16, 2005
      Well goes to Session expired page...here :(
    • jbeaul
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 16, 2005
        I captured this link by pressing Ctl-Shift-C while in Mail. This is
        the keyboard short-cut to the inbox ("Check Mail"). The
        "us.f517.mail" part may be specific to the mail server I'm assigned
        and may be the reason others do not have the same success.

        To test, go to anywhere in Y! Mail (while signed-in would help) and
        press Ctl-Shift-C. The resulting address in your browser will be the
        link which will work for you.

        I'd be interested in whether they are different and how.

        Joe

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Dan Kearns <dkearns72@y...> wrote:
        > It sent me to the welcome page. :)
        >
        > --- jbeaul <joe@b...> wrote:
        >
        > > I've been nonplussed about having to always go through the Welcome
        > > page to get to my inbox with Yahoo! Mail. Links I could find always
        > > seemed to contain tokens which would later expire or wouldn't force a
        > > refresh when loading, etc.
        > >
        > > But now, I have just the link I've wanted. It is
        > > http://us.f517.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowFolder?rb=Inbox&&YN=1
        > >
        > > This may only work for US accounts - I'm not certain of this.

      • Dan Kearns
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 16, 2005
          mine is:
          http://us.f524.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowFolder?rb=Inbox&reset=1&YY=29514&inc=50&order=up&sort=date&pos=0&view=&head=&box=Inbox

          so im guessing a different server. maybe they are numbered sequentially? geographically?
          i remember bookmarking this link, and it would work for a day or two and then later it
          would kick me back to the welcome screen.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 16, 2005
            Well that's what I would think as well. In the past I had taken all
            of those shortcuts and built a toolbar with specific folders. I
            actually ended up with something much more complete than the
            traditional toolbar which does not display all the available links
            like for example a direct link to My Folders, the Options or the
            Mail Archive tool of Y! Mail+... I went thru many formats ever since
            but had backed up this links on my second HD. They still work...so
            must be tied to the account. Hope they'll work for the upgrade
            (doubt it though)

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 16, 2005
              So the f524.mail part is not portable among users. I also believe the
              YY= is a time sensitive token that will expire soon.

              If I change your link to f517.mail, it works perfectly fine for me.

              Man, we have way too much time on our hands to be twiddling with this,
              huh!

              Joe

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Dan Kearns <dkearns72@y...> wrote:
              > mine is:

              http://us.f524.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowFolder?rb=Inbox&reset=1&YY=29514&inc=50&order=up&sort=date&pos=0&view=&head=&box=Inbox

              > so im guessing a different server. maybe they are numbered
              sequentially? geographically?
              > i remember bookmarking this link, and it would work for a day or two
              and then later it
              > would kick me back to the welcome screen.
              >
              > --- jbeaul <joe@b...> wrote:
              >
              > > I captured this link by pressing Ctl-Shift-C while in Mail. This is
              > > the keyboard short-cut to the inbox ("Check Mail"). The
              > > "us.f517.mail" part may be specific to the mail server I'm assigned
              > > and may be the reason others do not have the same success.
              > >
              > > To test, go to anywhere in Y! Mail (while signed-in would help) and
              > > press Ctl-Shift-C. The resulting address in your browser will be the
              > > link which will work for you.
              > >
              > > I'd be interested in whether they are different and how.
              > >
              > > Joe
              > >

              > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Dan Kearns <dkearns72@y...> wrote:
              > > > It sent me to the welcome page. :)

            • john mc
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 16, 2005
                Hrm... took me to a "session expired" page. I clicked on the "re-log
                in" link at the bottom and tried it again... took me back to the
                "session expired" page... again.
                I used to use a shortcut link from my desktop years ago and they worked
                great until the browser cookies were deleted. Now it seems like Y! is
                even more on the ball... direct links like this may be screened out by
                their online security settings.
                Something that comes to mind just now... I've always checked the
                "remember me" button on the sign in page... the daft thing -never-
                remembers me! I have to log in and give my password everytime.

                take care,

                John Mc

                jbeaul wrote:

                > I've been nonplussed about having to always go through the Welcome
                > page to get to my inbox with Yahoo! Mail. Links I could find always
                > seemed to contain tokens which would later expire or wouldn't force a
                > refresh when loading, etc.
                >
                > But now, I have just the link I've wanted. It is
                > http://us.f517.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowFolder?rb=Inbox&&YN=1
                > <http://us.f517.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowFolder?rb=Inbox&&YN=1>
                >
                > This may only work for US accounts - I'm not certain of this.

                > Virus Database (VPS): 0528-6, 07/16/2005
                > Tested on: 7/16/2005 6:51:37 PM

                ---
                Virus Database (VPS): 0528-6, 07/16/2005
                Tested on: 7/16/2005 7:48:12 PM