Nifty link directly to your inbox

  • jbeaul
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 16, 2005
      I've been nonplussed about having to always go through the Welcome
      page to get to my inbox with Yahoo! Mail. Links I could find always
      seemed to contain tokens which would later expire or wouldn't force a
      refresh when loading, etc.

      But now, I have just the link I've wanted. It is
      http://us.f517.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowFolder?rb=Inbox&&YN=1

      This may only work for US accounts - I'm not certain of this.
    • Dan Kearns
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 16, 2005
        It sent me to the welcome page. :)

        --- jbeaul <joe@...> wrote:

        > I've been nonplussed about having to always go through the Welcome
        > page to get to my inbox with Yahoo! Mail. Links I could find always
        > seemed to contain tokens which would later expire or wouldn't force a
        > refresh when loading, etc.
        >
        > But now, I have just the link I've wanted. It is
        > http://us.f517.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowFolder?rb=Inbox&&YN=1
        >
        > This may only work for US accounts - I'm not certain of this.

      • Guillaume
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 16, 2005
          Well goes to Session expired page...here :(
        • jbeaul
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 16, 2005
            I captured this link by pressing Ctl-Shift-C while in Mail. This is
            the keyboard short-cut to the inbox ("Check Mail"). The
            "us.f517.mail" part may be specific to the mail server I'm assigned
            and may be the reason others do not have the same success.

            To test, go to anywhere in Y! Mail (while signed-in would help) and
            press Ctl-Shift-C. The resulting address in your browser will be the
            link which will work for you.

            I'd be interested in whether they are different and how.

            Joe

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 16, 2005
              mine is:
              http://us.f524.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowFolder?rb=Inbox&reset=1&YY=29514&inc=50&order=up&sort=date&pos=0&view=&head=&box=Inbox

              so im guessing a different server. maybe they are numbered sequentially? geographically?
              i remember bookmarking this link, and it would work for a day or two and then later it
              would kick me back to the welcome screen.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 16, 2005
                Well that's what I would think as well. In the past I had taken all
                of those shortcuts and built a toolbar with specific folders. I
                actually ended up with something much more complete than the
                traditional toolbar which does not display all the available links
                like for example a direct link to My Folders, the Options or the
                Mail Archive tool of Y! Mail+... I went thru many formats ever since
                but had backed up this links on my second HD. They still work...so
                must be tied to the account. Hope they'll work for the upgrade
                (doubt it though)

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 16, 2005
                  So the f524.mail part is not portable among users. I also believe the
                  YY= is a time sensitive token that will expire soon.

                  If I change your link to f517.mail, it works perfectly fine for me.

                  Man, we have way too much time on our hands to be twiddling with this,
                  huh!

                  Joe

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Dan Kearns <dkearns72@y...> wrote:
                  > mine is:

                  http://us.f524.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowFolder?rb=Inbox&reset=1&YY=29514&inc=50&order=up&sort=date&pos=0&view=&head=&box=Inbox

                  > so im guessing a different server. maybe they are numbered
                  sequentially? geographically?
                  > i remember bookmarking this link, and it would work for a day or two
                  and then later it
                  > would kick me back to the welcome screen.
                  >
                  > --- jbeaul <joe@b...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > I captured this link by pressing Ctl-Shift-C while in Mail. This is
                  > > the keyboard short-cut to the inbox ("Check Mail"). The
                  > > "us.f517.mail" part may be specific to the mail server I'm assigned
                  > > and may be the reason others do not have the same success.
                  > >
                  > > To test, go to anywhere in Y! Mail (while signed-in would help) and
                  > > press Ctl-Shift-C. The resulting address in your browser will be the
                  > > link which will work for you.
                  > >
                  > > I'd be interested in whether they are different and how.
                  > >
                  > > Joe
                  > >

                  > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Dan Kearns <dkearns72@y...> wrote:
                  > > > It sent me to the welcome page. :)

                • john mc
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 16, 2005
                    Hrm... took me to a "session expired" page. I clicked on the "re-log
                    in" link at the bottom and tried it again... took me back to the
                    "session expired" page... again.
                    I used to use a shortcut link from my desktop years ago and they worked
                    great until the browser cookies were deleted. Now it seems like Y! is
                    even more on the ball... direct links like this may be screened out by
                    their online security settings.
                    Something that comes to mind just now... I've always checked the
                    "remember me" button on the sign in page... the daft thing -never-
                    remembers me! I have to log in and give my password everytime.

                    take care,

                    John Mc

                    jbeaul wrote:

                    > I've been nonplussed about having to always go through the Welcome
                    > page to get to my inbox with Yahoo! Mail. Links I could find always
                    > seemed to contain tokens which would later expire or wouldn't force a
                    > refresh when loading, etc.
                    >
                    > But now, I have just the link I've wanted. It is
                    > http://us.f517.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowFolder?rb=Inbox&&YN=1
                    > <http://us.f517.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowFolder?rb=Inbox&&YN=1>
                    >
                    > This may only work for US accounts - I'm not certain of this.

                    > Virus Database (VPS): 0528-6, 07/16/2005
                    > Tested on: 7/16/2005 6:51:37 PM

                    ---
                    Virus Database (VPS): 0528-6, 07/16/2005
                    Tested on: 7/16/2005 7:48:12 PM