Re: [Y-Mail] An introduction and my thoughts on the beta

  • Nelson Pacheco
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 3, 2006
      Your address book is now a Contacts folder on the left.

      I get lots of spam when I pop my comcast account, easiest way for me to mark them as spam is to hold down CTRL then selct the messages I want.

      Thanks,
      Nelson Pacheco

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 3, 2006
        Dear Jay Bienvenu,
        I agree with you.

        Perwira Osman

      • _TheClash_
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 3, 2006
          There's a lot that I don't like about the Beta also, however, quickly
          selecting all emails on the screen is not that difficult. While there is no
          single-click "select all" button, you can still easily select and deselect
          mutiple emails in just the same way that you would select and deselect
          multiple files in Windows, using the ctrl or shift key and the mouse or
          arrow buttons.

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 3, 2006
            Control- or shift-clicking the spam in my inbox is not an acceptable option.

            I can tolerate that on my Outlook account at work where I get only a few
            messages at a time. I cannot tolerate that in Yahoo Mail when I get dozens of
            spam messages in my inbox *every day*. Control- or shift-selecting every single
            message is simply too much of a drag to be an acceptable option here. It is
            definitely not a "rapid fire" selction when most of the messages in your inbox
            are spam and you cannot select all of them with one click or keystroke.

            ---

            jbeaul wrote:
            > Holding down the Ctrl-Key while clicking messages enables rapid-fire
            selecting of spam within a list of valid messages.

            Jay Bienvenu | jay@... | www.bienvenu.net
          • Liz Yumrutepe
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 3, 2006
              when replying to a message in a group setting keep original text!!!!

              http://www.kaplan.edu
              " Knowledge is the key to life "

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 3, 2006
                you can use the shortcut by clicking ctrl+a that selects all

                http://www.kaplan.edu
                " Knowledge is the key to life "

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 3, 2006
                  Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@...> wrote:
                  > you can use the shortcut by clicking ctrl+a that selects all

                  The last time I used Beta, that command did a Reply All (a command I almost
                  never use) rather than a Select All. Did that change?

                  Jay Bienvenu | jay@... | www.bienvenu.net
                • Chris Price
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 4, 2006
                    Shift-A is the 'Reply all' key, Ctrl-A is the 'Select All'

                    http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/ymail/usingit/usingit-01.html

                    Chris.

                    > you can use the shortcut by clicking ctrl+a that selects all

                    The last time I used Beta, that command did a Reply All (a command I almost
                    never use) rather than a Select All. Did that change?

                    Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

                  • Elizabeth
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 6, 2006
                      I belong to, well let's just say "Many" yahoo groups, and have for
                      quite awhile. One of the problems encountered is that a lot of
                      people get their emails via the daily digest. When people "reply"
                      and include the entire message text, the digest quickly becomes a
                      Pain. One of the ways to combat this is to give a brief
                      summary, like
                      "Liz Yumrutepe said: when replying to a message in a group setting
                      keep original text!!!!"
                      and then reply to it.

                      If the thread heads into a different topic, you can start a new
                      email with a unique subject and a quick reference to something in
                      the former email, so people who skim their email will know that it's
                      not just another person adding their comments to an existing topic.

                      Or another way, if you have a problem
                      following the thread because the complete text of the previous
                      (responded to) email is gone, is to go the group site, read the
                      messages from there and there is a link called "Up thread" that will
                      show you the (responded to) message.
                      Also, if the thread gets long and you find it difficult to follow,
                      the group site will show a threaded view when reading the original
                      email. For example, on Jay's original email (at the bottom), the
                      replies are threaded. It's difficult to show right now, but it
                      shows that message 3229 was a response to 3214 which was a response
                      to 3208, which was a response to the original email (3202). My view
                      is set on summary which may give more or less of a description of
                      the email than others'. I cut and pasted this example below, but
                      just to illustrate it.

                      Thanks, Elizabeth

                      Replies Author Date
                      3203 Re: An introduction and my thoughts on the beta
                      There's nothing wrong with not liking the current state of the Beta -
                      we are still only at v0.3.0 and so missing features is to be
                      expected. You feedback is... Chris Price
                      pricecs
                      Apr 3, 2006
                      10:54 am
                      3204 Re: An introduction and my thoughts on the beta
                      I agree! This IS beta still so expect problems. Definitely send out
                      a feedback of what problems you are encountering. This helps you and
                      others mold Yahoo... John M Catral
                      johncatral
                      Apr 3, 2006
                      12:35 pm
                      3205 Re: An introduction and my thoughts on the beta
                      Your address book is now a Contacts folder on the left. I get lots
                      of spam when I pop my comcast account, easiest way for me to mark
                      them as spam is to hold... Nelson Pacheco
                      redsox_2004c...
                      Apr 3, 2006
                      12:35 pm
                      3221 Re: An introduction and my thoughts on the beta
                      Control- or shift-clicking the spam in my inbox is not an acceptable
                      option. I can tolerate that on my Outlook account at work where I
                      get only a few messages... Jay Bienvenu
                      bienvenunet
                      Apr 3, 2006
                      8:54 pm
                      3206 Re: An introduction and my thoughts on the beta
                      Dear Jay Bienvenu, I agree with you. Perwira Osman [Non-text
                      portions of this message have been removed]... Perwira Osman
                      perwira.osman
                      Apr 3, 2006
                      12:35 pm
                      3213 Re: An introduction and my thoughts on the beta
                      when replying to a message in a group setting keep original
                      text!!!! "Success is a journey, not a destination'"
                      ========================================== ... Liz Yumrutepe
                      polishsiren
                      Apr 3, 2006
                      6:12 pm
                      3208 Re: An introduction and my thoughts on the beta
                      There's a lot that I don't like about the Beta also, however,
                      quickly selecting all emails on the screen is not that difficult.
                      While there is no single-click... _theclash_
                      Apr 3, 2006
                      12:36 pm
                      3214 Re: An introduction and my thoughts on the beta
                      you can use the shortcut by clicking ctrl+a that selects
                      all "Success is a journey, not a destination'"
                      ========================================== ... Liz Yumrutepe
                      polishsiren
                      Apr 3, 2006
                      6:15 pm
                      3229 Re: An introduction and my thoughts on the beta
                      ... The last time I used Beta, that command did a Reply All (a
                      command I almost never use) rather than a Select All. Did that
                      change? ...
                    • Jay Stephens
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 15, 2006
                        As I read the shortcut link you supplied, "a" is reply, "Shift a" is reply all and "Ctrl a" is Select all.

                        Shift-A is the 'Reply all' key, Ctrl-A is the 'Select All'

                        http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/ymail/usingit/usingit-01.html

                        Chris.

                        > you can use the shortcut by clicking ctrl+a that selects all

                        The last time I used Beta, that command did a Reply All (a command I almost
                        never use) rather than a Select All. Did that change?

                        Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

                        Yahoo! Groups Links
                      • Suzi:
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 15, 2006
                          I use just "a" to reply to all
                          and "r" to reply to sender.
                          Ctrl A to select all.
                          I use these in the Yahoo Mail Beta.

                          Have a great day!

                          Suzi

                          As I read the shortcut link you supplied, "a" is reply, "Shift a" is reply
                          all and "Ctrl a" is Select all.

                          Shift-A is the 'Reply all' key, Ctrl-A is the 'Select All'

                          http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/ymail/usingit/usingit-01.html

                          Chris.

                          > you can use the shortcut by clicking ctrl+a that selects all

                          The last time I used Beta, that command did a Reply All (a command I almost
                          never use) rather than a Select All. Did that change?

                          Jay Bienvenu | jay@... | www.bienvenu.net

                          Expert advice
                          Expert
                          Advice