Re: Notifier?

  • rojascremonesi
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 9, 2005
      After looking at that page you gave me, I stumped onto this link:

      http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/extfirefox/A's_Yahoo!_mail_notifier_0.6_enh_v3.1.xpi

      This is the one that actually works! It looks good so far.

      Thing is, I love Y! Messenger as much as anyone, but I guess I'm used
      to having a small, not-much-of-a-RAM-hog notifier. Because Y! Mess is
      like a swiss knife, it has many many features but sometimes I just
      don't need them. I have Y!ME so I don't need the Launchcast radio
      built into Messenger anymore, for example.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume" <guillaume.belfiore@g...>
      wrote:
      > Well the official extension site also seems to have errors from the
      > comments posted. Well you might give it a try:
      > https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=470
      >
      > I did not install it, as I'm on Y! Messenger as well
      > Also a Google Search for free email notifier has tons of result, but
      > thiswouls mean third party apps and not built in the browser. I guess
      > Y! Mess is the best bet for now. Sth might come out with the new Y!
      > Mail who know !!
      >

      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "rojascremonesi" <rojascremonesi@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > Do you know of any different mirrors for the extension? The one you
      > > gave me would not work when I tried to do the install
      > >
      > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume" <guillaume.belfiore@g...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > Well if you use Firefox, this might interest you:
      > > > http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=3475
      > > >
      > > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "rojascremonesi"
      <rojascremonesi@y...>
      > > > Oddpost,

      > > > new

      > Just
    • jbeaul
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
        Yahoo! provides two means of new mail notification:

        1) Yahoo! Toolbar --> http://toolbar.yahoo.com/
        2) Yahoo! Messenger --> http://messenger.yahoo.com/

        There are many third-party Windows applications out there also. One
        that I have used successfully is PopTray --> http://www.poptray.org/.

        Hope this helps.

        Joe