Re: [Y-Mail] Re: IE7 and Mail beta

  • Sasafrass
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 1, 2006
      Why not use Firefox? It's better, anyway....

      Phil Rose wrote:

      > Thanks for that. I wonder if Yahoo will let us know if they get it
      > together to work with IE7 so I know when to install the browser.
      >
      > Phil
      >
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Richard Platt <rich_platt@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I would suggest searching the previous posts in the group for
      > using the beta with IE7.
      > >
      > > RP

    • Nelson Pacheco
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 1, 2006
        Actually, that's an opinion. I can't stand Firefox, my opinion it looks to AOLish. A cleaner anternative browser that uses Mozilla engine is FLOCK. I use that as a secondary brower besides IE7, which runs very nicely.

        Thanks,
        Nelson Pacheco

        Phil Rose wrote:

        > Thanks for that. I wonder if Yahoo will let us know if they get it
        > together to work with IE7 so I know when to install the browser.
        >
        > Phil
        >
        > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Richard Platt <rich_platt@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I would suggest searching the previous posts in the group for
        > using the beta with IE7.
        > >
        > > RP

      • Neo'Pfyle
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 1, 2006
          Ditto Nelson.....I actually liked the Firefox look and have given it a try.....but I miss the Yahoo! and Google toolbars in IE, Tab browsing in the new Yahoo! toolbar is cool. I missed the spell check in Beta Mail too

          Neo'Pfyle
          ne·o·pfyl·i·a [n fíllee ] noun
          love of new things: a liking for new things, change for the sake of change, or novelty

          Phil Rose wrote:

          > Thanks for that. I wonder if Yahoo will let us know if they get it
          > together to work with IE7 so I know when to install the browser.
          >
          > Phil
          >
          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Richard Platt <rich_platt@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I would suggest searching the previous posts in the group for
          > using the beta with IE7.
          > >
          > > RP

        • D
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 1, 2006
            I use my yahoo toolbar in Firefox. i just did a quick google search and the google toolbar is available. All it takes is a quick look to discover these things ;)

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 1, 2006
              D,

              I have installed both the Yahoo and Google toolbar in Firefox and IE versions have many more features than the Firefox version. I should not have said I missed the toolbars, but the extra features. I quess it is just a matter of personal preference....all in all I like many features in Firefox for browsing. I use it as well as IE....

              Thanks much for you help,

              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 1, 2006
                I don't use the google toolbar, but what extras are there with the Yahoo toolbar? I never noticed a difference but I haven't used IE in a long time.

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 2, 2006
                  D,

                  You have convinced me that Firefox is superior to IE. I have compared the two versions of the Yahoo! tool bar...the IE version has tabs. But we don't need them with Firefox actually ....Answering this email from my Firefox browser...Only thing I would like to see is the spell check in Y-mail work...and that will come eventually.

                  have a good Sunday

                  Phil Rose wrote:

                  > Thanks for that. I wonder if Yahoo will let us know if they get it
                  > together to work with IE7 so I know when to install the browser.
                  >
                  > Phil
                  >
                  > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Richard Platt <rich_platt@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I would suggest searching the previous posts in the group for
                  > using the beta with IE7.
                  > >
                  > > RP

                • Jay Stephens
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 2, 2006
                    I does work PERFECTLY (using it right now) with IE7 "if" you install the hack to tell Yahoo that you are using IE6. So this "problem" is just Yahoo being stuburn and not updating their files to allow the beta to load if it sees IE7.

                    > Anyone know if there's any chance Yahoo will make mail beta run with
                    > the new IE7 beta 2? Not compatible right now.
                    >
                    > Thanks
                    >
                    > Phil

                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Sasafrass