I just noticed a speed difference

  • John Catral
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
      I just upgraded my Free Mail account to the Mail Yahoo Plus and
      realized that the speed and performance of the interface is much
      faster. Has anyone noticed this?

      - John
    • Nancy J
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
        No. Beta is a resource hog in both on my machine.
        The biggest difference for me, was the fact that I
        could not read the screen very well in beta, as ads
        took up too much space.

        For me, if I didn't have a PLUS account, I couldn't
        use beta.

        Now, again to an issue that drives me nuts:

        Christina if you're reading:

        Last night, I had to switch back to classic, as when I
        went to select a message to delete (Sex ad), it opened
        the danged thing! Sometimes I get all of these
        script errors, it showed that the folders are loading
        (I have big folders) forever. So, I can't always tell
        what's going to happen -- then bang. It opens. I was
        trying to shut down FF once I saw what was happening.

        This doesn't always happen, but since they removed the
        checkbox and made everything keyboard and mouse
        related in terms of moving, deleting, etc., it happens
        always at the wrong time (on the wrong mail). It took
        me the last 12 hours to right my machine. Again.

        I know the various ways to try and avoid this, but
        sometimes the best way is to have a option to avoid
        having to even click on the email. Like the classic
        version -- checkbox -- GONE!

        I know a lot of users rave about using the keyboard
        functions -- I use them too (not only in beta) -- but
        those checkboxes in classic were very, very useful!

        Another thing, I wish there was a way to look into the
        properties of a beta mail (which allows me to see a
        text version of source) before I opened it. Like I
        can do in OE. Perhaps there is, and I'm missing it?

        --- John Catral <johncatral@...> wrote:

        > I just upgraded my Free Mail account to the Mail
        > Yahoo Plus and
        > realized that the speed and performance of the
        > interface is much
        > faster. Has anyone noticed this?

        L8!

        Nancy J
        Ordinaryfoolisnj@...

        "Heroes are people who rise to the occasion and slip quietly away.
        Tom Brokaw

        http://360.yahoo.com/ordinaryfoolisnj
      • Liz Yumrutepe
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
          nancy, why don't you just close the viewing pane? than you can click and delete... not too much differant

          http://www.kaplan.edu
          " Knowledge is the key to life "

          No. Beta is a resource hog in both on my machine.
          The biggest difference for me, was the fact that I
          could not read the screen very well in beta, as ads
          took up too much space.

          For me, if I didn't have a PLUS account, I couldn't
          use beta.

          Now, again to an issue that drives me nuts:

          Christina if you're reading:

          Last night, I had to switch back to classic, as when I
          went to select a message to delete (Sex ad), it opened
          the danged thing! Sometimes I get all of these
          script errors, it showed that the folders are loading
          (I have big folders) forever. So, I can't always tell
          what's going to happen -- then bang. It opens. I was
          trying to shut down FF once I saw what was happening.

          This doesn't always happen, but since they removed the
          checkbox and made everything keyboard and mouse
          related in terms of moving, deleting, etc., it happens
          always at the wrong time (on the wrong mail). It took
          me the last 12 hours to right my machine. Again.

          I know the various ways to try and avoid this, but
          sometimes the best way is to have a option to avoid
          having to even click on the email. Like the classic
          version -- checkbox -- GONE!

          I know a lot of users rave about using the keyboard
          functions -- I use them too (not only in beta) -- but
          those checkboxes in classic were very, very useful!

          Another thing, I wish there was a way to look into the
          properties of a beta mail (which allows me to see a
          text version of source) before I opened it. Like I
          can do in OE. Perhaps there is, and I'm missing it?

          --- John Catral <johncatral@...> wrote:

          > I just upgraded my Free Mail account to the Mail
          > Yahoo Plus and
          > realized that the speed and performance of the
          > interface is much
          > faster. Has anyone noticed this?

          L8!

          Nancy J
          Ordinaryfoolisnj@...

          "Heroes are people who rise to the occasion and slip quietly away.
          Tom Brokaw

          http://360.yahoo.com/ordinaryfoolisnj

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

        • Nancy J
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
            --- Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@...> wrote:

            > nancy, why don't you just close the viewing pane?
            > than you can click and delete... not too much
            > differant

            What do you mean by "viewing pane?"

            I usually edit my mails from the main folder looking
            at the mails in what I'll call detail view (name of
            sender, title of mail, date delivered) -- with preview
            pane closed. Just as I do with all of my email
            programs.

            How can I delete without seeing what I'm deleting
            (again, I don't use the preview pane -- if that's what
            you're thinking)? If you're describing something
            else, please explain.

            My problem is that sometimes instead of "selecting"
            the email, this program opens it. Usually, I'll try
            and choose an email above or below to start deleting
            so I don't run into this problem, but on occasion I
            still get caught opening something I don't want too.
            That's why I love the x box in classic.

            Now, this is in no way a problem with OE or Gmail.
            Because OE and GMail interface loads and that's it.
            Beta is continuously loading and changing with every
            move that I make, making it a lot less stable or easy
            to select emails. In my experience.