Re: Notifier?

  • rojascremonesi
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 9, 2005
      Do you know of any different mirrors for the extension? The one you
      gave me would not work when I tried to do the install

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume" <guillaume.belfiore@g...>
      wrote:
      > Well if you use Firefox, this might interest you:
      > http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=3475
      >
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "rojascremonesi" <rojascremonesi@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > I have been (again) a Yahoo mail user for a little while, after not
      > > using it for so long. It is indeed a great email platform.
      > > Now I hear all this buzz about a new email interface based in
      > Oddpost,
      > > but one of the things I'd really want Yahoo to consider is a mail
      > > notifier kind of like the one Gmail offers.
      > >
      > > It's a tiny application on your desktop which tells you if you get
      > new
      > > mail. So far, the ways you know you have new Y! mail is by either
      > > "refreshing" the toolbar or by having Y! messenger on.
      > >
      > > So it would be great to have some kind of notifier application.. Just
      > > my 2 cents.
    • Guillaume
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 9, 2005
        Well the official extension site also seems to have errors from the
        comments posted. Well you might give it a try:
        https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=470

        I did not install it, as I'm on Y! Messenger as well
        Also a Google Search for free email notifier has tons of result, but
        thiswouls mean third party apps and not built in the browser. I guess
        Y! Mess is the best bet for now. Sth might come out with the new Y!
        Mail who know !!

        wrote:
        > Do you know of any different mirrors for the extension? The one you
        > gave me would not work when I tried to do the install
        >
        > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume" <guillaume.belfiore@g...>
        > wrote:
        > > Well if you use Firefox, this might interest you:
        > > http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=3475
        > >
        > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "rojascremonesi" <rojascremonesi@y...>
        > > wrote:
        > > > I have been (again) a Yahoo mail user for a little while, after not
        > > > using it for so long. It is indeed a great email platform.
        > > > Now I hear all this buzz about a new email interface based in
        > > Oddpost,
        > > > but one of the things I'd really want Yahoo to consider is a mail
        > > > notifier kind of like the one Gmail offers.
        > > >
        > > > It's a tiny application on your desktop which tells you if you get
        > > new
        > > > mail. So far, the ways you know you have new Y! mail is by either
        > > > "refreshing" the toolbar or by having Y! messenger on.
        > > >
        > > > So it would be great to have some kind of notifier application..
        Just
        > > > my 2 cents.
      • rojascremonesi
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 9, 2005
          After looking at that page you gave me, I stumped onto this link:

          http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/extfirefox/A's_Yahoo!_mail_notifier_0.6_enh_v3.1.xpi

          This is the one that actually works! It looks good so far.

          Thing is, I love Y! Messenger as much as anyone, but I guess I'm used
          to having a small, not-much-of-a-RAM-hog notifier. Because Y! Mess is
          like a swiss knife, it has many many features but sometimes I just
          don't need them. I have Y!ME so I don't need the Launchcast radio
          built into Messenger anymore, for example.

          wrote:
          > Well the official extension site also seems to have errors from the
          > comments posted. Well you might give it a try:
          > https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=470
          >
          > I did not install it, as I'm on Y! Messenger as well
          > Also a Google Search for free email notifier has tons of result, but
          > thiswouls mean third party apps and not built in the browser. I guess
          > Y! Mess is the best bet for now. Sth might come out with the new Y!
          > Mail who know !!
          >

          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "rojascremonesi" <rojascremonesi@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > Do you know of any different mirrors for the extension? The one you
          > > gave me would not work when I tried to do the install
          > >
          > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume" <guillaume.belfiore@g...>
          > > wrote:
          > > > Well if you use Firefox, this might interest you:
          > > > http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=3475
          > > >
          > > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "rojascremonesi"
          <rojascremonesi@y...>
          > > > Oddpost,

          > > > new

          > Just
        • jbeaul
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
            Yahoo! provides two means of new mail notification:

            1) Yahoo! Toolbar --> http://toolbar.yahoo.com/
            2) Yahoo! Messenger --> http://messenger.yahoo.com/

            There are many third-party Windows applications out there also. One
            that I have used successfully is PopTray --> http://www.poptray.org/.

            Hope this helps.

            Joe