Re: Yahoo Mail accounts and Family Account restrictions.

  • jbeaul
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 10, 2006
      Expectations are everything.

      Parental Controls are a Yahoo! Plus or premium subscriber service. It
      enables you to restrict access to sites and activities in a variety of
      different ways. It requires the use of Yahoo! software on the PC.
      http://help.yahoo.com/plus/ypc/v3/

      Family accounts are an entirely different beast. With it you control
      the information your child shares *WITH* Yahoo! and you can *MONITOR*
      their account (you know the password, etc.). It does not place any
      restrictions on the account.
      http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/family/family-01.html

      I not be keen on my kids having a My Yahoo! page at least not with
      news elements on it. Rather, I've set their home page to
      www.yahooligans.com. That helps constrain their initial range of
      discovery on the Internet while giving them a lot of relevent, useful
      and fun resources. I've heard no complaints from my kids.

      Joe