Format change?

  • toller67@att.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 28, 2014
      Used to be (since the change earlier this year) that I read messages by clicking on a right or left pointing arrow midway down the side of the right and left side of the mail window. Suddenly tonight, those are gone and there's an up and down arrow in the upper right. Is this a change or have I accidentally switched something around? Can this be fixed?

      ERic Johnson

    • Donna
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 29, 2014
        Eric,

        I'd like to have that feature.  I really do not like those left and right pointing arrows in the message body.  I find them distracting.  I just checked and I still have those purple arrows pointing right and left in the message area.  If I could trade mine for  yours, I would gladly do so.

        Donna

        Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 9:12 PM
        From: "toller67@... [Y-Mail]" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>

        Used to be (since the change earlier this year) that I read messages by clicking on a right or left pointing arrow midway down the side of the right and left side of the mail window. Suddenly tonight, those are gone and there's an up and down arrow in the upper right. Is this a change or have I accidentally switched something around? Can this be fixed?

        ERic Johnson

      • rwmonlineaffiliatebusiness
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 29, 2014
          Hey, it is new. Just when you get used to something. I like it. The old method was always distracting to me.
          If a change option were available we will be advised, I would suspect, or it is in settings?
          Best, Bob
        • Dana Jean
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 29, 2014
            I agree they should leave well enough alone and what's with the demand to change our passwords another bit of stupidity to waste our time.

            On Friday, August 29, 2014 11:24 AM, "rwmonlineaffiliatebusiness@... [Y-Mail]" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Hey, it is new. Just when you get used to something. I like it. The old method was always distracting to me.
            If a change option were available we will be advised, I would suspect, or it is in settings?
            Best, Bob

          • CF
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 29, 2014
              This is a reversion to the old way of displaying the next/previous arrows.  Personally, I like this way better than the colored arrows alongside the message pane.

              CF

              Used to be (since the change earlier this year) that I read messages by clicking on a right or left pointing arrow midway down the side of the right and left side of the mail window. Suddenly tonight, those are gone and there's an up and down arrow in the upper right. Is this a change or have I accidentally switched something around? Can this be fixed?

              ERic Johnson
            • Bob Moore

                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 30, 2014
                  I guess I don't care where the arrows are . I just hate it when "management" makes changes just for the thrill of making the change. Too often we then find the unintended consequences.

                  Eric
                • ghutfilz
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 31, 2014
                    I agree I don't particularly care about the location of the buttons, but I too fear unintended consequences of gratuitous change, and there is one here.  For a long time after Neo FF was introduced, truncated messages were not handled correctly--rather than positioning at the truncation point after requesting the full message, the message was displayed from the beginning.  About six months ago this was finally fixed; now the change in the next and back buttons has broken this fix.  I don't think the Yahoos really understand their code.  This mad march to an 80s client-server application with little code on the servers has gotten out of control.

                    George
                  • Bruce Lund
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 1, 2014
                      Now that you mention it, mine has switched, too. Personally, I prefer it, but given the multiplicity of changes they have imposed on us, they are bound to find one I like every once in a while. And that you dislike. LOL!

                      I hate using Yahoo mail anymore. I would love to see their usage numbers.

                      Bruce Lund

                      On Saturday, August 30, 2014 6:04 PM, "toller67@... [Y-Mail]" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                      I guess I don't care where the arrows are . I just hate it when "management" makes changes just for the thrill of making the change. Too often we then find the unintended consequences.

                      Eric

                    • Paul Berndt
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 2, 2014
                        I have annoying little pop ups that tell me when I'm in the message body or elsewhere. If I'm that stupid, I should not be using email.

                        Also, when I'm in the message list and select email the Delete/Move/More Icons jump up and down when I move over the list. What in the H*ll is this all about? Yahoo needs to fix what is wrong rather than add time wasting distractions.

                        I hate this more every time I sign in.
                        Paul, Ohio, USA

                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 2, 2014
                          I see those pop ups, too, and find them very distracting, but I just move my cursor off to the side or up above.  *Now* what will happen after I've trained myself to do that is that Yahoo will delete the pop ups, and I'll never know it because I'm automatically moving the cursor before the pop up appears!  LOL

                          I don't think I've seen the jumping up and down that you describe.

                          CF

                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 3, 2014
                            Hi CF,
                            The "bouncing" happens in Chrome but not Firefox or IE11 on my Win 7 box. The pop ups are in all 3.
                            Paul

                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 3, 2014
                              I use Chrome for e-mail and viewing the group for one of my groups but I don't remember ever seeing the bouncing.  I view other groups and their e-mail in Firefox, Opera, and Comodo Dragon; I never ever use IE.  The pop ups show in all browsers.  I'm also using Win7.