Aggravation

  • CF
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 30 2:05 PM
      Many times, on different groups using different browsers, I can't get the checkbox for individual messages in the Inbox to accept a checkmark so that I can move the messages into another mailbox.  I click and click and click but no checkmark appears.  Only when I give up and check a different message, move it, and then go back to the original attempt will it accept the checkmark.  This is not an earthshaking problem, but it *is* extremely aggravating!

      Anybody else have this problem?

      CF

    • Donna
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 30 6:12 PM
        I have the same or similar problem; but, not just with Yahoo Mail.  I just keep clicking until the box accepts the check.

        Donna

        From: "CF no1cataloger@... [Y-Mail]" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>

        Many times, on different groups using different browsers, I can't get the checkbox for individual messages in the Inbox to accept a checkmark so that I can move the messages into another mailbox.  I click and click and click but no checkmark appears.  Only when I give up and check a different message, move it, and then go back to the original attempt will it accept the checkmark.  This is not an earthshaking problem, but it *is* extremely aggravating!

        Anybody else have this problem?

        CF

      • k2dfc
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 30 7:35 PM
          YES

          I also have a problem with clicking on the INBOX tab. It does nothing. I have to click on the Yahoo Mail logo in the upper left to update any new mail that just came in. The only thing that ever changes is the amount of advertising that appears on the mail page.
        • ghutfilz
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 31 6:09 AM
            Yes, you are not alone.  I see it all the time, and I execute the same workaround you discovered.  This is one of the many niggling bugs still in this beta level Neo FF interface.  I have noticed in the last few days that the old bug where the interface simply hangs is back; the only workaround for that I have discovered is to reload, which kills all of my customizations that should be saved by Neo FF but are not.  As I said, this is beta level code, not production.

            George
          • CF
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 31 1:02 PM
              Yahoo never seems to have much of a problem with displaying their ads, do they?  Sheesh......

              CF

              I also have a problem with clicking on the INBOX tab. It does nothing. I have to click on the Yahoo Mail logo in the upper left to update any new mail that just came in. The only thing that ever changes is the amount of advertising that appears on the mail page.

              Posted by: k2dfc@...
            • Ron Fanzone
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 3, 2014
                Thanks for the info. My problem is still unresolved even after working with Verizon Yahoo and Geek squad tech supports. The auto complete works intermittently sometimes changing minute to minute. Tech support said the problem has been escalated. I'll have to call them back. Meanwhile, I'll continue to try to stumble upon a solution.
                Will let you know final outcome

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 4, 2014
                  I get this - and its worse on a slow Internet connection. The reason
                  is two-fold:

                  * Neo FF - is bloated with Javascript. If this doesn't download
                  completely - and it changes dynamically as you open, compose, and post
                  emails - then it doesn't refresh at the speed that you are working.
                  Part of the dynamic refreshing is to download your contacts list. If
                  you try to auto-fill before this is complete then it wont work. If you
                  wait a while then it usually does work (for me anyway). Yahoo Mail
                  should work at the speed of your thought processes. It doesn't for me
                  using a Acer Notebook and a Three dongle connection.

                  * Neo Basic - uses HTML (I suspect with XML as well). An auto-fill
                  funcrtion was not implemented originally. But I now use Basic almost
                  exclusively and have noticed that as I create emails then the
                  auto-fill function of the Google Chrome browser itself tends to kick
                  in - at least for my regular contacts.

                  BTW Google Mail FF and Basic also has this delayed effect with
                  actioning auto-fill.

                  The more fundamental irritation is that it appears impossible to add
                  new contacts using Yahoo Basic.

                  Yahoo Mail is a hobbyist time-wasting system - no way can it be used
                  for any serious purpose like running a business. Its still NFFP.

                  CJB.

                  On 03/08/2014, Ron Fanzone r.fanzone@... [Y-Mail]
                  <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                  > Thanks for the info. My problem is still unresolved even after working with
                  > Verizon Yahoo and Geek squad tech supports. The auto complete works
                  > intermittently sometimes changing minute to minute. Tech support said the
                  > problem has been escalated. I'll have to call them back. Meanwhile, I'll
                  > continue to try to stumble upon a solution.
                  > Will let you know final outcome
                  >

                  > On Thursday, July 31, 2014 6:11 PM, "CF no1cataloger@... [Y-Mail]"
                  > <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                  >

                  >>Yahoo never seems to have much of a problem with displaying their ads, do
                  >> they? Sheesh......
                  >>

                  >>CF

                • Ed
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 4, 2014