SEARCH broken???

  • bobkaplow
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3 5:25 AM
      Ever since NEO, I not only have problems with groups, but with my email as well. I keep my email in yahoo via the web interface, I do not use a client to download it to my mac.

      Today I search for messages that I know I have, and can actually find manually, but yahoo mail search tells me
      "No results found We found no messages matching your query:"

      But I can go to the folder and find messages with what I'm looking for.

      Another search should match dozens of messages, but only finds 9. This actually used to work, but just started failing for me yesterday.

      This is but one critical issue I'm currently having, out of at least a dozen things that have been broken since NEO screwed up everything.

      I can't even contact customer "doesn&# 39;t care". When I click on that option, it makes me log in again, and refuses to accept my password. Yet the password works fine in mail or groups or calendar.
    • CJB
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3 6:24 AM
        Shhh ... Yahoo Neo Mail and Groups are perfect for everyone. You are
        not allowed to report here upon problems - which are deemed to be of
        your own making.

        CJB

        P.S I agree - Search hasn't worked for me for so long I don't try to
        use it any more.

        On 03/07/2014, bobkaplow@... [Y-Mail] <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > Ever since NEO, I not only have problems with groups, but with my email as
        > well. I keep my email in yahoo via the web interface, I do not use a client
        > to download it to my mac.
        >
        > Today I search for messages that I know I have, and can actually find
        > manually, but yahoo mail search tells me
        > "No results found We found no messages matching your query:"
        >
        > But I can go to the folder and find messages with what I'm looking for.
        >
        > Another search should match dozens of messages, but only finds 9. This
        > actually used to work, but just started failing for me yesterday.
        >
        > This is but one critical issue I'm currently having, out of at least a
        > dozen things that have been broken since NEO screwed up everything.
        >
        > I can't even contact customer "doesn&# 39;t care". When I click on that
        > option, it makes me log in again, and refuses to accept my password. Yet the
        > password works fine in mail or groups or calendar.
      • k2dfc
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3 7:32 AM
          For over 2 months now I still can't join any Yahoo Group. I keep getting a message to create a profile, even though I already have one and belong to a dozen Groups. My Spell Check didn't work for about a month when using Yahoo Mail. It would erase any text when replying to mail or writing new mail. But that started working again recently. Yahoo Customer Care was, or is "working" on it. But haven't heard from them in weeks. I just checked again today and still can't join any Group.

          Fred
        • Donna
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3 9:38 AM
            My opinion of Search for Groups or Yahoo Mail is that it does produce search results; but, not necessarily the results that you want.  This has been happening for me even before NEO.

            I no longer use Search.  The majority of groups where I am a member and get messages sent to email inbox, I just save a message in a separate folder, from that group's folder, if I feel it is important enough that I will want to look at it at some future date.

            Donna
          • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3 6:10 PM
              Wow dude. Sarcastic much?

              FWIW, it seems like this problem, reported before, has a number of different solutions, but they don't all work for each situation. That is a huge frustration.

              I think the real problem is that most of us are stuck with Yahoo since, as CJB has stated before, it's awfully hard to extricate oneself and transfer to another service.

              Cindy in Ohio

              Shhh ... Yahoo Neo Mail and Groups are perfect for everyone. You are
              not allowed to report here upon problems - which are deemed to be of
              your own making.

              CJB

              P.S I agree - Search hasn't worked for me for so long I don't try to
              use it any more.

              On 03/07/2014, bobkaplow@... [Y-Mail] <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
              > Ever since NEO, I not only have problems with groups, but with my email as
              > well. I keep my email in yahoo via the web interface, I do not use a client
              > to download it to my mac.
              >
              >  Today I search for messages that I know I have, and can actually find
              > manually, but yahoo mail search tells me
              >  "No results found We found no messages matching your query:"
              >
              >  But I can go to the folder and find messages with what I'm looking for.
              >
              >  Another search should match dozens of messages, but only finds 9. This
              > actually used to work, but just started failing for me yesterday.
              >
              >  This is but one critical issue I'm currently having, out of at least a
              > dozen things that have been broken since NEO screwed up everything.
              >
              >  I can't even contact customer "doesn&# 39;t care". When I click on that
              > option, it makes me log in again, and refuses to accept my password. Yet the
              > password works fine in mail or groups or calendar.

              ------------------------------------
              Posted by: CJB <chrisjbrady@...>
            • mayaranger
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 4 12:42 AM
                A few years ago, before NEO, I lost my search function in Yahoo Mail.  This happened three or four times over a few years.  Each time I contacted Yahoo Support (it actually existed back in those days) and they repaired my broken search function.  The message here is that it broke and Yahoo fixed it.  The problem now seems to be the difficulty of getting support.

              • CF
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 4 5:06 PM
                  In GMF (GroupManagersForum) we've been discussing the fact that using cookies to keep your sign-in active for two weeks may be causing various problems that are solved by signing out more frequently than two weeks.  In this case, are you not signing out?  If so, you might change your procedure to signing out daily to see if that makes a difference in searching ability.  Just a thought......

                  CF

                  Posted by: mayaranger@...