No photos with e-mail

  • mtaquilts
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 8, 2014

      It's been about 2 days now and my e-mail is coming through without photos included with them.  The display is correct on my Ipad and android phone, just not my computer.  Any suggestions. Thanks,

      Linda

    • CJB
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 8, 2014
        Yup - the formatting is well screwed with all kinds of fonts all over
        the place - for Neo Basic anyway. As usual Gmail is perfect. CJB

        On 08/06/2014, mtaquilts@... [Y-Mail] <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > It's been about 2 days now and my e-mail is coming through without photos
        > included with them. The display is correct on my Ipad and android phone,
        > just not my computer. Any suggestions. Thanks,
        >

        > Linda

      • Donna
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 8, 2014
          Linda,
          I do not understand what you are asking.  I use Yahoo Mail Basic for some of my groups.  Some groups don't allow attachments; but, for those that do, sometimes I get an attachment that looks like a thumbnail of a photo.  Sometimes, it comes as a link.  Yesterday, I attached an image of a painting that I did and it showed up as a really long link, spread over 3 lines on my computer's display.  The links used to be smaller.  So, maybe Yahoo has changed something.

          With your question, I am not sure if you mean attachments via groups or individuals apart from groups.

          Donna
          Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2014 at 6:06 AM
          From: "mtaquilts@... [Y-Mail]" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 8, 2014
            I am not talking about Yahoo group.  I am talking about Yahoo mail.  I am not using Yahoo basic mail.  I am using Neo.. for Yahoo Mail.    It worked perfectly until 2 days ago.  When I open an e-mail that would come with photos or pictures with ads (for  instance, Best Buy or Sears or Home Depot, Amazon, etc.  or any site that would have a picture connected with it, I get a little box where a picture should be or a big blank space along with the e-mail..  Occasionally pictures will show up. I have  tried opening e-mail in IE and it does not  work properly.   I don't know where the problem is but I have no trouble on my I-pad.  However, I had my husband open my Yahoo e-mail account on his computer and he had no problem.

            If anyone can explain this better that has the same problem, please do so. Thanks,

            Linda
          • Myamiphil
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 8, 2014
              Check your browser for a way to clean out its temp areas (cookies and browsed files etc.).

              Sometimes these areas can get lost. Cleaning them out sometimes sets things right again.

              I use CCleaner on my mac and pc machines. It cleans up firefox and Internet Explorer files.

              Best Regards
              Phil
              Lat: 40.8367633  Long: -74.1768412

            • emailkathy@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 8, 2014

                Go into your settings and check the part that says show images.

                I do my yahoo on my regular desktop, on my nook hd and on the phone- they all have to be set. It doesn't carry over from each device- or at least mine didn't.

                Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

                  From: "mtaquilts@... [Y-Mail]" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>

                  I am not talking about Yahoo group.  I am talking about Yahoo mail.  I am not using Yahoo basic mail.  I am using Neo.. for Yahoo Mail.    It worked perfectly until 2 days ago.  When I open an e-mail that would come with photos or pictures with ads (for  instance, Best Buy or Sears or Home Depot, Amazon, etc.  or any site that would have a picture connected with it, I get a little box where a picture should be or a big blank space along with the e-mail..  Occasionally pictures will show up. I have  tried opening e-mail in IE and it does not  work properly.   I don't know where the problem is but I have no trouble on my I-pad.  However, I had my husband open my Yahoo e-mail account on his computer and he had no problem.

                  If anyone can explain this better that has the same problem, please do so. Thanks,

                  Linda

                • Chris J Brady
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 9, 2014
                    Its likely due to all the Javascript bloat that you have to download every time you start up Mail and also when you open an emaill. If you use Neo Mail Full Featured then that bloat is considerable. If you view the sour e code - an option in Chrome and IE you will see what I mean. Clearing the cache is likely to help. The solution is to always use Basic.

                    Here's how, e.g.

                    https://uk-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch#[redacte] - is Full Featured - change this to

                    https://uk-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/b/launch#[redacted - for Basic - notice the extra /b/

                    Basic runs on HTML - STILL BLOATED BUT IT TENDS TO WORK WHEN FF DOESN'T

                    Chris B.

                    Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2014 at 3:04 PM
                    From: "mtaquilts@... [Y-Mail]" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>

                    I am not talking about Yahoo group.  I am talking about Yahoo mail.  I am not using Yahoo basic mail.  I am using Neo.. for Yahoo Mail.    It worked perfectly until 2 days ago.  When I open an e-mail that would come with photos or pictures with ads (for  instance, Best Buy or Sears or Home Depot, Amazon, etc.  or any site that would have a picture connected with it, I get a little box where a picture should be or a big blank space along with the e-mail..  Occasionally pictures will show up. I have  tried opening e-mail in IE and it does not  work properly.   I don't know where the problem is but I have no trouble on my I-pad.  However, I had my husband open my Yahoo e-mail account on his computer and he had no problem.

                    If anyone can explain this better that has the same problem, please do so. Thanks,

                    Linda

                  • lena_kiev
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 9, 2014
                      > Posted by: mtaquilts@...
                      >
                      > It's been about 2 days now and my e-mail is coming through without
                      > photos included with them. The display is correct on my Ipad and
                      > android phone, just not my computer.

                      > I am not using Yahoo basic mail.

                      > When I open an e-mail that
                      > would come with photos or pictures with ads (for instance, Best Buy
                      > or Sears or Home Depot, Amazon, etc. or any site that would have a
                      > picture connected with it, I get a little box where a picture should
                      > be or a big blank space along with the e-mail.. Occasionally
                      > pictures will show up. I have tried opening e-mail in IE and it
                      > does not work properly. I don't know where the problem is but I
                      > have no trouble on my I-pad. However, I had my husband open my
                      > Yahoo e-mail account on his computer and he had no problem.

                      If you use an ad blocker then try do disable it.
                    • Chris J Brady
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 9, 2014
                        OK - but try using Yahoo Neo Basic and see if that works. CJB

                        Subject: [Y-Mail] No photos with e-mail
                        To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Monday, 9 June, 2014, 14:23

                        > Posted by: mtaquilts@...

                        > It's been about 2 days now and my e-mail is coming
                        through without

                        > photos included with them. The display is correct on
                        my Ipad and

                        > android phone, just not my computer.

                        > I am not using Yahoo basic mail.

                        > When I open an e-mail that

                        > would come with photos or pictures with ads (for
                        instance, Best Buy

                        > or Sears or Home Depot, Amazon, etc. or any site that
                        would have a

                        > picture connected with it, I get a little box where a
                        picture should

                        > be or a big blank space along with the e-mail..
                        Occasionally

                        > pictures will show up. I have tried opening e-mail in
                        IE and it

                        > does not work properly. I don't know where the
                        problem is but I

                        > have no trouble on my I-pad. However, I had my husband
                        open my

                        > Yahoo e-mail account on his computer and he had no
                        problem.

                        If you use an ad blocker then try do disable it.

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527 --
                        #yiv7373855527ygrp-mkp {
                        border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px
                        0;padding:0 10px;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-mkp hr {
                        border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-mkp #yiv7373855527hd {
                        color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px
                        0;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-mkp #yiv7373855527ads {
                        margin-bottom:10px;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-mkp .yiv7373855527ad {
                        padding:0 0;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-mkp .yiv7373855527ad p {
                        margin:0;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-mkp .yiv7373855527ad a {
                        color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-sponsor
                        #yiv7373855527ygrp-lc {
                        font-family:Arial;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-sponsor
                        #yiv7373855527ygrp-lc #yiv7373855527hd {
                        margin:10px
                        0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-sponsor
                        #yiv7373855527ygrp-lc .yiv7373855527ad {
                        margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527actions {
                        font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527activity {
                        background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527activity span {
                        font-weight:700;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527activity span:first-child {
                        text-transform:uppercase;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527activity span a {
                        color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527activity span span {
                        color:#ff7900;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527activity span
                        .yiv7373855527underline {
                        text-decoration:underline;}

                        #yiv7373855527 .yiv7373855527attach {
                        clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px
                        0;width:400px;}

                        #yiv7373855527 .yiv7373855527attach div a {
                        text-decoration:none;}

                        #yiv7373855527 .yiv7373855527attach img {
                        border:none;padding-right:5px;}

                        #yiv7373855527 .yiv7373855527attach label {
                        display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}

                        #yiv7373855527 .yiv7373855527attach label a {
                        text-decoration:none;}

                        #yiv7373855527 blockquote {
                        margin:0 0 0 4px;}

                        #yiv7373855527 .yiv7373855527bold {

                        font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}

                        #yiv7373855527 .yiv7373855527bold a {
                        text-decoration:none;}

                        #yiv7373855527 dd.yiv7373855527last p a {
                        font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

                        #yiv7373855527 dd.yiv7373855527last p span {
                        margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

                        #yiv7373855527 dd.yiv7373855527last p
                        span.yiv7373855527yshortcuts {
                        margin-right:0;}

                        #yiv7373855527 div.yiv7373855527attach-table div div a {
                        text-decoration:none;}

                        #yiv7373855527 div.yiv7373855527attach-table {
                        width:400px;}

                        #yiv7373855527 div.yiv7373855527file-title a, #yiv7373855527
                        div.yiv7373855527file-title a:active, #yiv7373855527
                        div.yiv7373855527file-title a:hover, #yiv7373855527
                        div.yiv7373855527file-title a:visited {
                        text-decoration:none;}

                        #yiv7373855527 div.yiv7373855527photo-title a,
                        #yiv7373855527 div.yiv7373855527photo-title a:active,
                        #yiv7373855527 div.yiv7373855527photo-title a:hover,
                        #yiv7373855527 div.yiv7373855527photo-title a:visited {
                        text-decoration:none;}

                        #yiv7373855527 div#yiv7373855527ygrp-mlmsg
                        #yiv7373855527ygrp-msg p a span.yiv7373855527yshortcuts {
                        font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}

                        #yiv7373855527 .yiv7373855527green {
                        color:#628c2a;}

                        #yiv7373855527 .yiv7373855527MsoNormal {
                        margin:0 0 0 0;}

                        #yiv7373855527 o {
                        font-size:0;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527photos div {
                        float:left;width:72px;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527photos div div {
                        border:1px solid
                        #666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527photos div label {
                        color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527reco-category {
                        font-size:77%;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527reco-desc {
                        font-size:77%;}

                        #yiv7373855527 .yiv7373855527replbq {
                        margin:4px;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
                        margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-mlmsg {
                        font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,
                        sans-serif;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-mlmsg table {
                        font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-mlmsg select,
                        #yiv7373855527 input, #yiv7373855527 textarea {
                        font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv7373855527
                        code {
                        font:115% monospace;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-mlmsg * {
                        line-height:1.22em;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-mlmsg #yiv7373855527logo {
                        padding-bottom:10px;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-msg p a {
                        font-family:Verdana;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-msg
                        p#yiv7373855527attach-count span {
                        color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-reco
                        #yiv7373855527reco-head {
                        color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-reco {
                        margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-sponsor #yiv7373855527ov
                        li a {
                        font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-sponsor #yiv7373855527ov
                        li {
                        font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-sponsor #yiv7373855527ov
                        ul {
                        margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-text {
                        font-family:Georgia;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-text p {
                        margin:0 0 1em 0;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-text tt {
                        font-size:120%;}

                        #yiv7373855527 #yiv7373855527ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {
                        border-right:none !important;
                        }
                        #yiv7373855527
                      • Chris J Brady
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 9, 2014

                          To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Monday, 9 June, 2014, 14:23

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 9, 2014
                            Now I'm confused.  My link says "yahoo neo."  So what  is neo basic?  If that's what we had before Yahoo screwed things up, supposedly you can't get back to it.  Linda
                          • Sasafrass452
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jun 10, 2014
                              Basic is a stripped down version of neo, you can switch back & forth between them by clicking on the wheel in the upper right corner, then click on settings. Classic is the version that was terminated & no longer available.

                              ***Sasafrass452***
                              https://plus.google.com/u/0/115636767734746303817/about
                              http://twitter.com/Sasafrass452
                              http://flickr.yahoo.com/photos/Sasafrass452

                              On 06/10/2014 12:11 AM, mtaquilts@... [Y-Mail] wrote:

                              Now I'm confused.  My link says "yahoo neo."  So what  is neo basic?  If that's what we had before Yahoo screwed things up, supposedly you can't get back to it.  Linda

                              3D Marine Aquarium Screensaver Preview
                              Free 3D Marine Aquarium Screensaver
                              Watch dolphins, sharks & orcas on your desktop! Check it out at www.inbox.com/marineaquarium