Group Emails

  • Sasafrass452
    Message 1 of 11 , May 9, 2014
      This morning, I've noticed that group emails no longer show the actual sender's address in the header. They now come from the group email address. Does anyone have any info on this? Just wondering....
      --

      ***Sasafrass452***
      https://plus.google.com/u/0/115636767734746303817/about

      3D Marine Aquarium Screensaver Preview
      Free 3D Marine Aquarium Screensaver
      Watch dolphins, sharks & orcas on your desktop! Check it out at www.inbox.com/marineaquarium
    • Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 11 , May 9, 2014
        Ok, I found the info on this change. Interestingly, group emails don't appear as described in this blog post:
        http://yahoogroups.tumblr.com/post/85163779041/dmarc-related-changes-in-yahoo-groups

        On 05/09/2014 11:08 AM, Sasafrass452 Sasafrass452@... [Y-Mail] wrote:

        This morning, I've noticed that group emails no longer show the actual sender's address in the header. They now come from the group email address. Does anyone have any info on this? Just wondering....

        --

        ***Sasafrass452***
        https://plus.google.com/u/0/115636767734746303817/about
        http://twitter.com/Sasafrass452
        http://flickr.yahoo.com/photos/Sasafrass452

        Free 3D Marine Aquarium Screensaver
        Watch dolphins, sharks & orcas on your desktop! Check it out at www.inbox.com/marineaquarium

        Free Online Photosharing - Share your photos online with your friends and family!
      • Kenneth
        Message 3 of 11 , May 9, 2014
          I don't see a discrepancy between how group emails are now appearing and how they are described in the blog post.

          Kenneth

          Message 4 of 11 , May 9, 2014
             Hmm.... The blog says the sender's name is shown, but I only see the group name. Maybe because I use thunderbird?

            Message 5 of 11 , May 9, 2014
              Sasafrass452,

              > Hmm.... The blog says the sender's name is shown, but I only see the
              > group name. Maybe because I use thunderbird?

              You can use View Source (Ctrl+U) on the message to see what the raw From
              field looks like.

              If that's not what is shown in the UI, check to be sure that you don't
              have the group's posting address in your Address Book. If you do,
              Thunderbird will show you the display name from there instead of what is
              in the email message itself.

              -- Shal
            • Kenneth
              Message 6 of 11 , May 9, 2014
                Maybe.  When I look at the full header, I see this in the from field:

                From: "Sasafrass452
                 Sasafrass452@... [Y-Mail]" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>

                Message 7 of 11 , May 9, 2014
                  Yeah, that must be it.... This new group email system does make filtering spam easier, though. At least yahoo did something right for once :P

                  Maybe.  When I look at the full header, I see this in the from field:

                  From: "Sasafrass452

                • karenborga@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 9, 2014
                    I have an older model Blackberry phone and the sender's info is concealed until I receive a reply.
                    Without a name or a signature I am in the dark who is writing.

                    If I trim, copy and paste the sender will be removed as I have done here.

                    Karen Borga

                    *****

                    Maybe.  When I look at the full header, I see this in the from field:

                    From: "Sasafrass452

                    Sasafrass452@... [Y-Mail]" <
                    Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>

                    Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
                  • karenborga@yahoo.com

                      Message 10 of 11 , May 10, 2014
                        Well, I just noticed something that I didn't think of before(but should've).... In the thunderbird addressbook, there's the option to show the display name or not. I unticked the box, & the sender's name now appears! I'll do that for all of my groups, as it's better to know who I'm replying to :P