Ygroups in the news

  • kr402
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 21, 2014
      Please, share this link to a news story about Ygroups.
      Especially to any other Ygroups you belong to.
      Thanks!

       KR

      After Yahoo Ruined Groups, Users Fight To Bring Back Old Version

    • Chris J Brady
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 21, 2014
        Good article which reports just like it is. But Groups and Mail also corrupt long URLs so here's a shorter one:

        http://tinyurl.com/yahooruinedgroups

        CJB

        Subject: [Y-Mail] Ygroups in the news
        To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tuesday, 22 April, 2014, 0:55

        Please, share this link to a news story about Ygroups. Especially to any other Ygroups you belong to.Thanks!

         KR

        After Yahoo Ruined Groups, Users Fight
        To Bring Back Old Version
        http://news.softpedia.com/news/After-Yahoo-Ruined-Groups-Users-Fight-To-Bring-Back-Old-Version-438551.shtml#add_review_form
      • Sasafrass452
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 22, 2014
          That is interesting.... While I don't deny those bugs exist, the only problem I've personally encountered is banning members/spammers from the group. I've found it rather difficult to do so, because you have to search through the members list to find the spammer & ban them. They should include the ban option in pending messages, so that I don't have to waste time looking for that user. It's also interesting that Jeff Bonforte himself admitted that there were over 1,000 bugs!!! That is truly shameful.... As the article stated, the groups were changed without warning in an attempt to avoid user backlash, but it only made users angrier. They should've at least tested it before forcing it on us!

          **Sasafrass452**
          https://plus.google.com/u/0/115636767734746303817/about
          http://twitter.com/Sasafrass452
          http://flickr.yahoo.com/photos/Sasafrass452

          On 04/21/2014 07:55 PM, kr402@... wrote:

          Please, share this link to a news story about Ygroups.
          Especially to any other Ygroups you belong to.
          Thanks!

           KR

          After Yahoo Ruined Groups, Users Fight To Bring Back Old Version

          3D Earth Screensaver Preview
          Free 3D Earth Screensaver
          Watch the Earth right on your desktop! Check it out at www.inbox.com/earth
        • Shal Farley
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 22, 2014
            **Sasafrass452**,

            > It's also interesting that Jeff Bonforte himself admitted that there
            > were over 1,000 bugs!!! That is truly shameful....

            Actually, that may not be as bad as it sounds.

            I checked Bugzilla and the Firefox developers cleared over 800 bug reports in the same interval of time as Jeff's comment about Neo. Firefox during this period of time was generally considered a stable and reliable product.

            The key question, which we'll never know from just the numbers, is the nature of the bugs. In the case of Neo we know that many of them severely impacted user experience, but I'll bet that the vast majority of that number were the kind of "behind the scenes" stuff that constituted most of the Firefox bugs.

            -- Shal