Re: [Y-Mail] Yahoo Mail problems

  • Nelson Pacheco
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 5, 2006
      have you tried yahoo widgets? It has a yahoo mail checker that goes on your desktop.

      Thanks,
      Nelson Pacheco

      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 5, 2006
        i dont want to have to download and run an entire new program just
        to have Y Mail do what it is supposed to do, tho.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Nelson Pacheco
        <redsox_2004champs@...> wrote:

        > have you tried yahoo widgets? It has a yahoo mail checker that
        goes on your desktop.

        > Thanks,
        > Nelson Pacheco

        Service.

      • Allan Aunkst
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 5, 2006
          those widgets suck up allot of memory dont they?

          Aunkster
          Allanaunkst@...

          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 5, 2006
            Not at all. Much, much less than any anti-virus or anti-spyware you have running in the background.
            I have the Ymail checker, NHL Clock and YCalendar on my desktop. There are over 2k widgets to choose from.
            I don't see any difference in my notebook since installing it. And I'm one of those people that always needs to have my computer running at the fastest speed possible with no unwanted crap in the background. I'm always tweaking it, no difference with or without the Widgets.

            Thanks,
            Nelson Pacheco

[...]

              Expert advice Expert Advice

            • brinkeguthrie
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 5, 2006
                plus, you have to have your desktop showing to know if you have
                mail. if i am using the browser, well, the widgit does -0- good.

                <redsox_2004champs@...> wrote:

                > Not at all. Much, much less than any anti-virus or anti-spyware
                you have running in the background.
                > I have the Ymail checker, NHL Clock and YCalendar on my desktop.
                There are over 2k widgets to choose from.
                > I don't see any difference in my notebook since installing it.
                And I'm one of those people that always needs to have my computer
                running at the fastest speed possible with no unwanted crap in the
                background. I'm always tweaking it, no difference with or without
                the Widgets.

                > Thanks,
                > Nelson Pacheco

              • jbeaul
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 5, 2006
                  Since you log into the browser to see your mail and log into Messenger
                  separately for new email notification, it begs the question...

                  Are you sure you are logged in with the same Y! ID in both? It's
                  worth double checking.

                  Joe

                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 5, 2006
                    true, but I have the Yahoo toolbar also, so I'm covered both ways.

                    Thanks,
                    Nelson Pacheco

                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 5, 2006
                      I had the same problem a few months ago. My problem was my Yahoo toolbar was out of date. After I upgraded, everything was fine. Have you tried that?

                      Thanks,
                      Nelson Pacheco

                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 5, 2006
                        I upgraded my toolbar also (to version 1.1.0), it seems to work fine, but the only problem is that once you read the new emails and no longer have unread emails, it doesn't go away unless you click on the toolbar icon to go to your mail. This doesn't work so well because it opens another window even if you already have your mail open. So unless you click on the menu item it will just stay up in your toolbar saying you have new mail even if you don't.

                        Nelson Pacheco <redsox_2004champs@...> wrote: I had the same problem a few months ago. My problem was my Yahoo toolbar was out of date. After I upgraded, everything was fine. Have you tried that?

                        Thanks,
                        Nelson Pacheco

                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 5, 2006
                          I belive there is a problem with the notifier, I have been seeing the same things as everyone else has, I belive they are aware of it because it sometimes comes back working, so I belive if we are patient it will resolve shortly.

                          http://www.kaplan.edu
                          " Knowledge is the key to life "

                          Message 12 of 16 , Mar 5, 2006
                            Actually, that happens to me too, but once I move my cursor over the mail icon (not needing to click it) it does go away. I'm using IE7 beta 2, not sure what browser your using, but that how mine is behaving. Sorry I couldn't help, maybe someone else here knows the solution.

                            Thanks,
                            Nelson Pacheco

                            Message 13 of 16 , Mar 5, 2006
                              The notifier doesnt show up anywhere. No alert in toolbar. None in
                              systray with messenger. Zero.

                              Message 14 of 16 , Mar 5, 2006
                                I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.1.

                                Nelson Pacheco <redsox_2004champs@...> wrote: Actually, that happens to me too, but once I move my cursor over the mail icon (not needing to click it) it does go away. I'm using IE7 beta 2, not sure what browser your using, but that how mine is behaving. Sorry I couldn't help, maybe someone else here knows the solution.

                                Thanks,
                                Nelson Pacheco

                                Message 15 of 16 , Mar 5, 2006
                                  actually tonight mine is working, maybe they have fixed it?

                                  http://www.kaplan.edu
                                  " Knowledge is the key to life "