HELP!!! CAN'T OPEN EMAILS IN NEO FF ...

  • CJB
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 8, 2014
      I start up Yahoo Neo FF Email. I get a list of emails in the Inbox. I
      click on one - the arrow in the tab circles round a bit indicating a
      connection and processing - then NOTHING. I CANNOT OPEN ANY EMAILS ANY
      MORE.

      This pertains to ALL folders, Inbox, Trash, Spam,etc., etc.

      I have Tabs checked in the options, and I don't use specific colour theme.

      So I click on the title / subject of an email and then NOTHING - ZERO
      - ZILCH - SFA.

      WTF is going on - or rather not going on?

      BTW this has only started happening since the latest round of tweaks
      over the weekend.

      On the other hand Neo Basic is fine.

      Chris B.
    • Lorrie
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 8, 2014
        I am having no problems at all and I use FF.  The problem has to be on your end.  Try closing all the tabs and such that you have open.  A few years ago I used to run with a bunch of tabs open and my email crashed.  Yahoo advised me to close all those tabs and lo and behold, my mail worked.  Try it.

        Lorrie

        Lorries Green World
        http://minilorrie.2itb.com
        Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 8, 2014

          Nor can I send copies to anyone,  NOR underline in NEO mail, though I can HERE!!;-((

          Has anyone here actially been able to make a direct contact with a 'live' customer service entity??

          FB

        • Chris J Brady
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 9, 2014
            Thank you. I have tried that. I click on an email in Inbox, the browser tab arrow goes round, stops, then nothing.

            This leaves the Inbox list just as it was, except the now 'read' email goes from bold to non-bold.

            Chris B.

            Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] HELP!!! CAN'T OPEN EMAILS IN NEO FF ...
            To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 10, 2014
              Sorry to go on about this. When I click on an email in the Inbox
              surely it should create a new mail tab and then display the contents
              aka body text in a new panel?

              And in Options I DO have the 'tab' option checked.

              So why is Mail not creating a new tab for each email that I try and
              open? It seems like the part that's broken is creating a new tab, and
              then displaying the contents of the email.

              However if I do a Forward or a Reply or a Reply to All for an email -
              whereas I used to get a blank Compose panel - I now get a new mail tab
              with the body of the email all formatted for Forwarding or Replying.
              This is now working as it should.

              So to open an email I now have to do a Forward or a Reply.

              This rubbish system is really NFFP - and the problems have been going
              on for far too long. And Yahoo listens to no-one since the problems
              keep going on and on.

              CJB.
            • CJB
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 10, 2014
                More bugs ...

                I switched to Recent. Then went to Inbox and clicked on an email.
                Nothing - it refused to open. I clicked on a few more emails - all
                refused to open. However references to them stared to appear in the
                Recent list (under Folders). Then when I clicked on one of the
                references the respective email opened as it should.

                Then I switched back to Tabs. Again clicking on an email was ignored.
                So remembering that Forward and Reply now worked, I check-marked one
                email then clicked on Forward. Firstly about 4 blank tabs were
                created(???!!!), then the email that was checked opened into a 5th
                tab. The 4 'false' tabs were completely blank - no title, no contents
                - but they could each be closed with the X at the right

                So something is REALLY broken here. Once again Yahoo's testing and
                quality control prior to a live release has been found wanting.
                They're a bunch of unprofessional script kiddies out-of-control. They
                haven't got a clue how to manage a major s/w project.

                CJB.
              • Donna
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 10, 2014
                  Chris,

                  When you go to open a message, see the spinning arrow, then nothing, do you mean that when the arrow stops spinning you end up on a blank page?  This ssometimes happens to me in Basic, using Firefox.  When I get to that point, I have tried clicking on the Reload  button at the top of the browser.  Doing this will usually get the message to complete the process of opening.  I've had Yahoo Mail Neo almost a year it it is still problematic at times.

                  Donna

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 10, 2014
                    I feel for you with all the problems you have.

                    I live in the US and I don't seem to have very many problems- and most of what I do have gets fixed with simple solutions on my end.  Like clearing the cookies, total shut downs and things like that.

                    I have Time Warner as my provider.

                    So, just thinking off the top of my head for some ideas....

                    Could it be something with yo provider that is causing the problems?
                    could there be problem with your actual computer- like a hard drive problem or maybe it needs to be scanned for memory leaks or do a disc cleanup?

                    I know you have a lot of patience- if I were having the problems you do I would just start migrating everything to another account.  Have you more than one yahoo account?  If so- do all of them give you the same problems?

                    Like I said- these are just some thoughts off the top of my head (and I am not a techie person by no means!  LOL)
                    Kathy

                    From: CJB
                    <chrisjbrady@...>
[...]

                        Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

                  • CJB
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 12, 2014
                      No - I can't call - it would cost a fortune to be on hold for so long
                      at £1 a minute (whatever). But Yahoo have an HQ in London. I've been
                      there once when they deleted my whole account and wouldn't / couldn't
                      restore it. They refused to help and I got thrown out by security.
                      Chris B.