Why me?

  • thailend19
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 2014
      For the past few weeks, I get messages which include photos, cartoons - any and all graphics - which I simply can't copy and paste, reply or forward! I CANforward text, but NOT visuals. I tried other pcs and all three browsers - Firefox, Chrome and I/E with the same result. Can anyone help me share these?
    • CF
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 27, 2014
        I've found the best way to handle this is to have my personal messages and a lot of my YahooGroup messages, especially from groups that send pictures or attachments, delivered to Eudora, the email client I use.  One of the commands in Eudora is "Send again", which does just what it says: it duplicates the message just as you received it (or from the outbox to repeat a sent message), creating a new message to send.  You have to remove the old headers and replace them with the new ones you want to send the message to, remove footers, etc., and then send it, but that's not too difficult.

        I don't know about other email clients, but a little investigation should reveal which ones allow "send again" commands.

        CF

        For the past few weeks, I get messages which include photos, cartoons - any and all graphics - which I simply can't copy and paste, reply or forward! I CANforward text, but NOT visuals. I tried other pcs and all three browsers - Firefox, Chrome and I/E with the same result. Can anyone help me share these?
      • Harryh
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 28, 2014
          I do hope this will not become a widespread issue.  I have many mail items that can't be processed as you describe and I've saved them to a separate folder that maybe customer care might fix.  The messages, as you describe, can't be downloaded via the web, attachments can't be saved or forwarded via the web AND they cannot be received via POP3 or IMAP - thus ruling out a browser issue.  The messages have one common element - when you use the 'more' menu and select 'view headers' the header field is empty.  All of these messages are from Yahoogroups and thus traversed the Yahoo network where the headers got lost (or corrupted).

          Try to view headers on your problem messages.  See if they are empty.  If they are perhaps Yahoo customer care will finally allow access to the raw message where manual decoding might save the contents.