Beware the double delete ... !!!!

  • CJB
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 26, 2014
      You open your Inbox and check mark some junk emails. Then you click on
      Delete and nothing happens. So you wait. And wait. You click on Delete
      again. And wait. Maybe you click on Delete again - to see if anything
      is responding. After some time the bloated Javascript condescends to
      connect to the Yahoo Mail server and deletes the checked junk mails.
      OK. But then the following Delete clicks are also actioned - and you
      suddenly find that other emails - likely to be genuine - are also
      deleted even if you have not check marked them. If you are not aware
      of this genuine emails can end up in the Trash folder unread. Beware.
      BTW this NEVER happens with Gmail. CJB.
    • karenborga@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 26, 2014
        I have had some success with refreshing my Screen after the first click on delete after waiting.

        Karen B

        *****

        CJB wrote:
        You open your Inbox and check mark some junk emails. Then you click on Delete and nothing happens. So you wait. And wait. ....

        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
      • Lorrie
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 26, 2014
          Hmmmm, that has never happened to me.  But if new mail is coming in at the same time you are clicking on emails that you want to delete, it is possible to click on wanted emails cause the new ones come in above the old ones and everything scrolls down.  You just have to be careful.  I have very few problems with the new mail,  Even the spam filter works really well.  I use fully featured and find the new mail faster than Classic.

          Lorrie

          Lorries Green World
          http://minilorrie.2itb.com
          Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 26, 2014
            Hi Chris,
            Your warning is timely as this has been extremely bad the last couple of days.  I've checked my connection a couple of times and it is fine so it has to be Yahoo.  I can't imagine the money they have thrown away on Mail and Groups and they are still a mess.
            Paul, Ohio, USA
            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 26, 2014
              HUM.... Never happens to me.

              Donna Ford-Lee
              Tulsa, OK
              USA

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 27, 2014
                Also, after logging in, you start reading from the first email and click next next next, now suddenly some new emails arrive and you click on previous previous previous to go back and read them, you cant! The previous navigation ends in the first email you opened after logging in, if you wish to read the new emails you have to close the tab, and from the inbox folder you have to open the new email. GMail ofcourse is smarter and deals with this scenario.

                Regards,
                Goutam

                You open your Inbox and check mark some junk emails. Then you click on
                Delete and nothing happens. So you wait. And wait. You click on Delete
                again. And wait. Maybe you click on Delete again - to see if anything
                is responding. After some time the bloated Javascript condescends to
                connect to the Yahoo Mail server and deletes the checked junk mails.
                OK. But then the following Delete clicks are also actioned - and you
                suddenly find that other emails - likely to be genuine - are also
                deleted even if you have not check marked them. If you are not aware
                of this genuine emails can end up in the Trash folder unread. Beware.
                BTW this NEVER happens with Gmail. CJB.

                    Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

              • Donna
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 27, 2014
                  Chris,

                  You must be using fully-featured when you are removing spam messages from the inbox.  I am guessing that fully-featured Yahoo mail must auto-refresh.  Basic Yahoo Mail doesn't auto-refresh.  When I write auto-refresh, you can actually see new mail coming into the inbox.  Basic doesn't do that.  If there's new mail, I actually have to click on the word "inbox" to reload the inbox.  Or, I can go up to the top of the browser and click on the reload button.

                  Donna