New interface rolls out : search filters gone

  • guillaumebcom
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 11, 2014
      This is either really pathetic or just plain hilarious
      Yahoo! has just rolled out their new layout (again!) and now, thebest part of the webmail is gone. you won't be able to add filters on the fly in order to narrow your query by time, attachment, date, sender...

      Fully thinking through a process is just not a thing anymore at yahoo!
    • Chris J Brady
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 11, 2014
        Huh - in Neo FF I clicked on this email title in Inbox and a new Compose window opened. The unread emails count went down by 2. I had to use Neo Basic to open it. WTF is going on? CJB

        >________________________________

      • Sasafrass452
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 11, 2014
          I'm not sure what you're referring to.... I believe that I have this new version, & when I click on the search box, I see those options. Can you post a screenshot?

          **Sasafrass452**
          http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
          http://flickr.yahoo.com/photos/Sasafrass452

          On 03/11/2014 05:07 AM, guillaume@... wrote:

          This is either really pathetic or just plain hilarious
          Yahoo! has just rolled out their new layout (again!) and now, thebest part of the webmail is gone. you won't be able to add filters on the fly in order to narrow your query by time, attachment, date, sender...

          Fully thinking through a process is just not a thing anymore at yahoo!

          3D Marine Aquarium Screensaver Preview
          Free 3D Marine Aquarium Screensaver
          Watch dolphins, sharks & orcas on your desktop! Check it out at www.inbox.com/marineaquarium
        • Henrique C. S. Junior
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 11, 2014
          • 1 Attachment
          • 592 KB
          We still have filters (right corner "refine"). That is why I hate this new "text only" approach, it is less intuitive. My mother will never find this "refine" and I'm sure she will be confused because she looks first at the icons to find what she needs.
          Please, consider sharing your impressions (Yahoo is listening, at least to the most vocal group of users): https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/210695-yahoo-mail/suggestions/5613149-bring-icons-back-to-inbox-drafts-etc

          ---
          Henrique C. S. Junior
          Química Industrial - UFRRJ
          Centro de Processamento de Dados - PMP

          On Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:04 AM, Chris J Brady <chrisjbrady@...> wrote:

          Huh - in Neo FF I clicked on this email title in Inbox and a new Compose window opened. The unread emails count went down by 2. I had to use Neo Basic to open it. WTF is going on? CJB

          >________________________________

        • Chris Knight
          Message 5 of 9 , Mar 11, 2014
            I can still see the filters, they just moved.  In the top right corner there's a link that says Refine.  If you click that you get the filters.

            On Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:15 AM, "guillaume@..." <guillaume@...> wrote:

            This is either really pathetic or just plain hilarious
            Yahoo! has just rolled out their new layout (again!) and now, thebest part of the webmail is gone. you won't be able to add filters on the fly in order to narrow your query by time, attachment, date, sender...

            Fully thinking through a process is just not a thing anymore at yahoo!

          • sperry532
            Message 6 of 9 , Mar 11, 2014
              Oh, bloody hell. Here we go again.

              This is the first time I've been to Y!'s web interface for mail (I use Thunderbird) in a grunch of months. It's really, really bad. I'd go so far as to say it's even worse than GMail now. The Groups interface is pretty bad as well. And what is with the supersized text? Is there target Demographic all over 100 and blind?

              Oh, well. Slowly moving to Outlook.com anyway.
            • Harryh
              Message 7 of 9 , Mar 11, 2014
                I think the new refine button saves my mouse hand a few strokes, so I don't mind.  It was disconcerting to need to figure out what to do.  I'd greatly appreciate a button for a default search range.  I normally need only to search the inbox and use that to decide what to do with messages.  That default option would save me time and effort.  I would also like a 'glass' to use on group names in addition to subjects, but one may only dream.

                Message 8 of 9 , Mar 13, 2014
                  hello,

                  yeh my bad they're here yeh. though it's quite a pain to select more than one criteria now.
                  I think this tool deserves more visibility
                • Henrique C. S. Junior