Yahoo! Mail continues to rip AOL Mail

  • guillaumebcom
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2014
      Latest news from the official Y!Mail blog
      http://yahoomail.tumblr.com/post/78556869273/folders-and-more
      I highly encourage anyone to create a AOL Mail account and check out the user interface. it seems Yahoo! is ripping more and more their features since the launch of the latest version
      (narrowing the left column, re-arranging the different sections collapsible folders...)
      I'm not saying it's bad, for they do need to learn again and again in terms of usability (obviously) but it's clear the team in place  does not focus on innovation anymore
    • henriquecsj
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2014
        Yes, I was surprised to see more drastic changes in the basic layout.
        I know that a lot of people was unhappy with the new folders scheme and collapsable folders is probably a better approach but to move the apps to the top, open messenger contacts in a floating window and remove all icons was a very bad move IMHO.
        I've suggested some changes here in User Voice please, do some upvotes if you can and share your opinions.
      • Diamon Rust
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2 4:43 AM
          One would expect the "yahoo team" you refer to be more
          sympathetic in terms of "user friendly" issues? Perhaps yahoo
          wishes the "free version" to be troublesome so people will buy
          the pay for version? As for AOL it's too 'wishy washy" in that it
          will crash often while you are carrying out various tasks,,writing an
          email or reading them as you navigate through them all of a sudden
          it will freeze or something else weird so it's not (at least to me) worth
          fooling with..