Dates & Times Jumbled In Inbox

  • Paul Berndt
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 10, 2014
    Hi All,
    I have my email inbox set to display by date but the emails are not in order as you can see from the attachment.  The out of sequence emails are all from Y-Mail or GMF Yahoo Groups so what appears to be happening is that email is sorting by the date the email was sent to the group, not by when the moderator approves it and the group forwards. If I'm correct in this, then if an email is missed by the moderator, or held, it will be way out of sequence when released.

    If I remember, this was not like this until the last few weeks.

    Any other thoughts?
    Paul, Ohio, USA

  • Sasafrass452
    Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2014
      There still seems to be a delay with group messages getting sent. I just got your message, timestamped yesterday morning.... roughly 21 1/2 hrs after you sent it. This has happened in the past, but I'm not sure it has ever lasted this long. I hope Yahoo fixes it soon!

      **Sasafrass452**
      http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
      http://flickr.yahoo.com/photos/Sasafrass452

      On 02/10/2014 11:07 AM, Paul Berndt wrote:

      Hi All,
      I have my email inbox set to display by date but the emails are not in order as you can see from the attachment.  The out of sequence emails are all from Y-Mail or GMF Yahoo Groups so what appears to be happening is that email is sorting by the date the email was sent to the group, not by when the moderator approves it and the group forwards. If I'm correct in this, then if an email is missed by the moderator, or held, it will be way out of sequence when released.

      If I remember, this was not like this until the last few weeks.

      Any other thoughts?
      Paul, Ohio, USA

      Email Notifier Preview
      Easily monitor multiple email accounts & access them with a click. Visit www.inbox.com/notifier and check it out!
    • Paul Berndt
      Message 3 of 5 , Feb 11, 2014
        Hi Sasafrass,
        The delay may be due to moderator approval.

        Liked your photo sites,
        Paul, Ohio, USA
        From: Sasafrass452 Sasafrass452@...Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:33 AM
        Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Dates & Times Jumbled In Inbox

          From: Sasafrass452 Sasafrass452@...Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:33 AM

          There still seems to be a delay with group messages getting sent. I just got your message, timestamped yesterday morning.... roughly 21 1/2 hrs after you sent it. This has happened in the past, but I'm not sure it has ever lasted this long. I hope Yahoo fixes it soon!
          **Sasafrass452**

          3D Earth Screensaver Preview
          Free 3D Earth Screensaver
          Watch the Earth right on your desktop! Check it out at www.inbox.com/earth
        • Shal Farley
          Message 5 of 5 , Feb 11, 2014
            Paul,

            > The out of sequence emails are all from Y-Mail or GMF Yahoo Groups so
            > what appears to be happening is that email is sorting by the date the
            > email was sent to the group, not by when the moderator approves it and
            > the group forwards.

            That's how my email client (Eudora Classic) has always worked. It uses the Date: field of the message, which is set by the originating system. The only other choice that might make sense would be to use the date parameter of the most recent Received: field, but I'm not sure that would be a reliable choice either.

            -- Shal