Can't Delete Spam from Inbox

  • dporesky
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 9, 2014
      Recently I've been having trouble deleting spam from the inbox. It might disappear for a few seconds and then come back. Trying to move it to the spam folder by dragging or using the tab is also not working. I tried different browsers and another, newer, computer. Same thing. What's going on. Anybody else having this problem?
    • karenborga@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 9, 2014
        Messages I am certain I have deleted seem to magically reappear in the Inbox.

        Once I reload the screen they are gone......until they come back again and another reload/refresh removes them from the Inbox.

        Thanks for posting. I thought I was hallucinating.
        This is a new problem.

        Karen

        ****

        dporesky@...:

        Recently I've been having trouble deleting spam from the inbox. It might disappear for a few seconds and then come back. Trying to move it to the spam folder by dragging or using the tab is also not working. I tried different browsers and another, newer, computer. Same thing. What's going on. Anybody else having this problem?
        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
      • Donna
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 9, 2014
          What version of Yahoo Mail are you using?  I use Basic.  I do not get that much spam in my inbox, maybe one spam message per month shows up.  I just check the box and click on the spam button and the message goes to the spam folder and Yahoo gives me a little message thanking me.

          Donna

          Recently I've been having trouble deleting spam from the inbox. It might disappear for a few seconds and then come back. Trying to move it to the spam folder by dragging or using the tab is also not working. I tried different browsers and another, newer, computer. Same thing. What's going on. Anybody else having this problem?

        • Donna Lee
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 9, 2014
            No but I do not drag my email either. I select it by check mark then I hit the spam emblem on the email tool bar works every time. I do not know if it makes any difference but I use Firefox in Windows 8.1.

            Donna Ford-Lee
            Tulsa, OK
            USA

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 27, 2014

              I've used Yahoo Mail (free),and Web of Trust for years. I believe I have all settings correct.
              I have four browsers to use:  MSIE, FireFox, Chrome, and Opera, all updated.
              Lately when I view mail, regardless of browser choice, embedded links do not show the Web of Trust symbols.
              Further, the WOT symbol (not the red or green evaluation symbol) shows at various places on the screen when I use FireFox.

              I removed WOT and reinstalled in each browser. That got me nowhere.

              Any ideas on how to fix this?

              -Chuck