Can't snip

  • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2014
      When replying to emails, I've always had the habit of snipping extraneous text. But Yahoo is not permitting one to highlight then delete. For instance, I'm trying to forward an email about a workshop, and want to snip out the group signature. I can place the cursor, but cannot highlight. I can place the cursor and hit "delete" over and over, but what a pain!

      Cindy in Ohio

      Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
      Donal...special gib Felis catus

      http://cynthiasword.wordpress.com/
    • Paul Berndt
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2014
        Hi Cindy,
        To do this, change to plain text and delete all of the stuff you don't want. You can then switch back to Rich Text but I find that when I do that, the fonts are different, text alignment is messed up and sometimes, some of what I write is missing. I'm using Win 7 Home Premium & Firefox 26 but have the same problems with IE 10.

        Since the improvements, deletion has stopped working, drag and drop doesn't work and cut & paste is iffy. Also, if I try to drag an email to one of my folders that is off the screen on the bottom, the list doesn't scroll. I have to scroll the file list down then drag the email to the folder & Yes, I know I can use the drop down menu to move emails yet drag and drop is a basic function that Yahoo email is missing.

        My Grandmother is a better programmer than the Yahoo crew and she died in 1982.
        Paul, Ohio, USA
        From: Cindy Cozad-Rudinger Sent: Sunday, February 2, 2014 4:48 PM
        Subject: [Y-Mail] Can't snip