Cannot access Yahoo Mail on my IPhone after changing password

  • mikebahn
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2014

      I changed my Yahoo password as a result of getting a few emails from Yahoo about others trying to access my account (I checked on my account and saw some weird attempts to access too, I did not just rely on the Yahoo emails, was not sure they are real, though I think so). Now, even though I changed my Yahoo password on my IPhone the IPhone mail "app" says that it cannot connect to the server and Yahoo mail does not work on my phone. Does anyone know how to fix this?

      Thanks,
      Michael
    • Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2014
        I'm not familiar with the app, but you probably need to login again with your new password.

        **Sasafrass452**
        http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
        http://flickr.yahoo.com/photos/Sasafrass452
        http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

        On 02/02/2014 10:19 AM, bahnbino@... wrote:

        I changed my Yahoo password as a result of getting a few emails from Yahoo about others trying to access my account (I checked on my account and saw some weird attempts to access too, I did not just rely on the Yahoo emails, was not sure they are real, though I think so). Now, even though I changed my Yahoo password on my IPhone the IPhone mail "app" says that it cannot connect to the server and Yahoo mail does not work on my phone. Does anyone know how to fix this?

        Thanks,
        Michael

        Smileys Preview
        Get Free Smileys for Your IM & Email - Learn more at www.crawler.com/smileys
        Works with AIM®, MSN® Messenger, Yahoo!® Messenger, ICQ®, Google Talk and most webmails
      • Kenneth
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2014
          Michael,

          Did you go to Yahoo! account settings and change your password there and then reconnect your iPhone to your account with that new password?  Or did you just enter a new password for your Yahoo! account on your iPhone and consider that as having changed it?

          Please don't take offense if you did change it correctly.  It's just that some people might not know to do that.

          Kenneth

          On Sunday, February 2, 2014 2:10 PM, Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Donna Lee
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2014
            I changed my password in my iPhone too. I have no problem using my Ymail in my iPhone. I did not have to reactivate it either. I did however change the password in the settings after I had changed it on the internet. I got all check marks indicating that all was fine. It is possible that you did not apply the right password.

            I do not use the Ymail app I use the email program that came in my iPhone. If you need the app then remove it and reinstall it.

            Donna Ford-Lee
            Tulsa, OK
            USA