My Yahoo Redesign?

  • k2dfc
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 14, 2014
      A few days ago I received an E-Mail telling me My Yahoo is being redesigned, again. But like the last time, if I choose to see what the changes are I can't go back. Not that the current design is anything worth keeping. The newer one could still be worse. Anyone else get the letter and make the change?

      Fred
    • Wizard of Oz
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 14, 2014
        I haven't seen it, yet, but I found it kinda interesting when I saw a list of the ten biggest fails of the year 2013, and the Yahoo Mail "IMPROVEMENT" was number THREE ! I switched back to BASIC because that was the closest thing to the previous version that I could get to. And now, anytime I try to reply or forward anything, Yahoo changes the formatting, and makes it almost impossible to read. This reply to you is an example of what it is doing to me, now.

        Lovely, ain't it?
        Wizzee

        Subject: [Y-Mail] My Yahoo Redesign?
        To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 14, 2014

          I haven't seen it, yet, but I found it kinda interesting when I saw a list of the ten biggest fails of the year 2013, and the Yahoo Mail "IMPROVEMENT" was number THREE !  I switched back to BASIC because that was the closest thing to the previous version that I could get to. And now, anytime I try to reply or forward anything, Yahoo changes the formatting, and makes it almost impossible to read. This reply to you is an example of what it is doing to me, now.

          Lovely, ain't it?
          Wizzee

          On Tue, 1/14/14, k2dfc@... <k2dfc@...> wrote:

           Hide message history

          To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 14, 2014
            I don't use My Yahoo! much.  Really not at all, but I had content there so I clicked through for the upgrade.

            I have no problems with it but I expect I'll be in the minority.  It appears to be mostly just cosmetic, nothing functionally is different as far as I can tell.

            If anything, it didn't change enough.  Why not integrate with Yahoo! profiles and Tumblr somehow?  And Yahoo! Groups as well?  Are employees on salary just to give products like My Yahoo! a facelift?  Maybe it's time to get out there and compete with Facebook and Google+ again.  Not everyone hated Yahoo! 360.

            On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 3:44 PM, "k2dfc@..." <k2dfc@...> wrote:

            A few days ago I received an E-Mail telling me My Yahoo is being redesigned, again. But like the last time, if I choose to see what the changes are I can't go back. Not that the current design is anything worth keeping. The newer one could still be worse. Anyone else get the letter and make the change?

            Fred

          • Donna Lee
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 14, 2014
              I use Yahoo dot com for my home page. I spend most of my time reading news off of my Facebook page and keeping up with my Gmail. :)

              Donna Ford-Lee
              Tulsa, OK
              USA

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 14, 2014
                Yes Fred, as a current 'My Yahoo' user I also got the message; I have tried the newer version on another Yahoo Account and I can confirm that it is much worse than any previous changes.

                It would appear from the letter that when the time comes for the change, you will not have a choice.

                JohnKelly
                GuardGroup

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 15, 2014

                  With all the grief and gnashing of teeth that has been the result of the last change, this next one will be really "POPULAR" with the minions. (I guess I need to get a rag to wipe up all the sarcasm dripping off that statement!) I keep getting the mental picture of a big fat guy sitting in his office, feet propped up on his desk, twiddling his thumbs, and saying "I'm bored! I think I'll change something, just to have something to do!"

                  Well? It makes as much sense as anything else that has come out of those offices...

                • Chris J Brady
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 15, 2014
                    That a good image.

                    I too have an enduring image of the Yahoo script kiddies as per the obese computer geek in Jurassic Park 1 with thick rimmed glasses and a cluttered and food strewn workstation.

                    In fact we had some of those in the airline I used to work for. One was a smoker and in ten years he never cleaned his keyboard which ended up thick with blackened nicotine you couldn't read its characters.

                    CJB