Creating contact groups

  • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2014
      We used to be able to create groups of contacts, but I can't seem to be able to do that now. Is it possible with Neo? If so, I'd appreciate some direction. Thanks!  Cindy

      Cindy in Ohio

      Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
      Donal...special gib Felis catus

    • Kenneth
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 11, 2014
        Cindy,

        I'm assuming that you know how to display your contacts in Yahoo! Mail.

        If you have your contacts displayed, select the check boxes next to those contacts that you wish to add to a "list".

        As soon as you have selected more than one contact, the right pane will change to display actions that you can take on the selected contacts.  Those actions are Email Contacts, Assign Contacts, and Delete Contacts.

        If you select Assign Contacts, a pop-up window will be displayed which says Assign to Lists and displays the different lists that you have already created.  There is also a text field in which you can enter and select a new list name.  Select the list to which you want to assign your contacts and then select Done.

        Also, when you're viewing your contacts, just to the left of the list of contacts is a list of lists.  These include All Contacts, Deleted Contacts, Facebook, and Google.  Below that are the custom lists that you have created yourself.  I'm curious about that though.  My list of lists includes Desktop and Favorites.  I can see that they are lists which I can delete so it would appear they were created by me but I don't recall having done so.  Do other members see lists that they didn't create?

        Kenneth

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 16, 2014
          Thanks, Kenneth. I'll try this. :-)

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 19, 2014
            Can anyone give me directions for creating an email group? I tried the Help area, but "this video is temporarily unavailable." Why can't they just put up text instructions? Appreciate any help.  Cindy

            http://cynthiasword.wordpress.com/