Fw: Emails from Yahoo being rejected because they are sent from Yahoo

  • Chris J Brady
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2014
      I have just been trying to send a short personal email to a contact in Greece.

      It was rejected by the recipient's ISP due to it coming from a Yahoo account.

      I sent the same email from Gmail and it got through OK.

      What's the point in using a Yahoo account when other ISPs deem all emails from Yahoo to be spam or worse?

      CJB

      I got this response:

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2014

        Looks like some Yahoo's SMTP servers are in Barracuda Reputation Block List (BRBL).

        https://www.google.ru/search?q=RCVD_IN_BRBL&oq=RCVD_IN_BRBL

        In other words SMTP server at @... uses Barracuda Reputation Block List (BRBL).

        There are two ways:

        - try to send full headers to Yahoo support

        or

        - find that Yahoo's IP which is blocked in that email you have returnd back and try to remove the IP your-self.

        Also you can just try to send that email from Yahoo once again and it will use its another SMTP server to send email.

        What it are: CHECK_VALID_RDNS, FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD

        you can read here:

        https://www.google.ru/search?q=CHECK_VALID_RDNS&oq=CHECK_VALID_RDNS

        https://www.google.ru/search?q=FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD&oq=FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD

        For me it looks like that SpamAssassin Rules which are set at @... are not good.

      • meadow2003meadow
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2014

          thanks  for  the  advice....  but  not  being  very  tech  savvy  I  dont think  I  can

          act  on  it .

            Cant  help thinking  that these  e mail  machines  are  working  on  your   IP  address

          so,  the longer you ve had your  comp,  prob  the  worse  it is  getting

          I   sent  an  e mail   to   40   e mail  addresses  using   BCC  and    go t  over   20   mailer  daemons

           which suggests to me that    maybe  someone has  hit  spam   to one  or  two of my

          e mails in the past  and  the  spam  machines are at work.

             If I could  figure some way of  sending  the  same   e  mail  to those  40  addresses  using  another or  a  fake   IP   address,  it  would  be  interesting to see  how many  get  through

        • Raymond B. Normandeau NYC
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 12, 2014
            I have had Yahoo refuse to send out my email which
            Gmail sent out with NO PROBLEM.

            See sample in collection of Yahoo problems screen shots at
            http://RIPyahoo.NewsNYC.us/