The case of the vanishing Yahoo emails

  • ray60273
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 16, 2013
      See story at
      http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/the-case-of-the-vanishing-yahoo-emails-121213.html

      But now ALL OF THE NEGATIVE comments have vanished!!
      A least when I try to view site on my computer.

      Do you see any negative comments about Yahoo Email when you view
      http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/the-case-of-the-vanishing-yahoo-emails-121213.html
      ??
    • Paul Berndt
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 17, 2013
        Hi Ray,
        I got the exact same page for both URLs
        Paul, Ohio, USA
        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 17, 2013
          Ray,

          I went to the article using my Firefox browser.  There were no comments; but, there was an indication that I could leave a comment; but, no way to do it.  So, I opened Safari and put the same link in the address field.  Whenthe article loaded, I scrolled down and found the comments.  There were 18 of them and not one of them was from somebody who actually liked Yahoo Mail.

          Donna

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 17, 2013
            Loads of negative comments are there for me ...

            CJB

            But now ALL OF THE NEGATIVE comments have vanished!!
            A least when I try to view site on my computer.

            Do you see any negative comments about Yahoo Email when you view
            http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/the-case-of-the-vanishing-yahoo-emails-121213.html
            ??

          • Raymond B. Normandeau NYC
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 18, 2013
              That sure is strange that some people see the comment [in Safari]
              but I in Firefox no longer see them

              Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] The case of the vanishing Yahoo emails
              To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 19, 2013
                Ray,
                I saw them in IE 11 and I'm not surprised because those of us who own or moderate Yahoo Groups were neo'd a couple of months before neo email. There are so many stupid things that don't work across browsers or work intermittently that nothing Yahoo surprises me. In Groups we just uncovered a problem with email. I sent an email with an embedded image and group members on Yahoo email could not see it, yet those on roadrunner could. I tested this, using my Yahoo and roadrunner accounts and found that the image was on roadrunner but not on the Yahoo.

                If the SEC were smart, they'd be auditing Yahoo's books because any company that can't make their core business function may also have problems with their finances.
                Paul, Ohio, USA
                From: Raymond B. Normandeau NYC Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 6:05 PM